escapism | .chan

credit to @maki-and-sushi on tumblr

the other students roamed around the gardens, a sweet breeze passing through

the other students roamed around the gardens, a sweet breeze passing through. you sat with chan, which not a lot of people approved of.

although there were some pretty tall people in your school, chan was infamously known. he was a 6"6 sort of muscular guy, making him intimidating to everyone. he didnt have many friends, which you noticed.

once class let out, you silently followed him to the grassy area, watching him sit down cutely and stare at the grass. you walked from behind a tree, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"hey buddy. can i sit here?" he smiled and nodded, a blush appearing on his face. you plopped down next to him, looking up at him."whatcha doing?" you noticed he was smiling and had a couple bugs crawling on his hands.

"the bugs are so pretty. they're like my only friends." you both watched a small green insect fly from his hand to your leg. "this one- what is it?" it's soft legs crawled a bit, before walking back onto the grass next to you. "a lacewing!" he smiled widely, the two of you looking back at his (obviously very large) hands.

"that one?" "a monarch caterpillar!" "mhm, i know that one. a ladybug." "well, kind of. specifically a seven spot ladybird." his eyes lit up when you were poking and trying to identify the bugs on his hands.

"chan-can i ask you something?" you looked back at him, the small bugs flying away when he laid them on the grass. "yes y/n?" he cocked his head to the side, looking directly into your eyes.

"how do you know so much about bugs?" you were surprised that he had such an interest in insects. "im not sure. its-its hard talking to people. nobody wants to come up to a guy that looks like me. ive always loved bugs, so i guess its just a hobby of mine." he looked away, the breeze puffing up his poofy hair.

"well. i like you. and i like your bug friends. maybe we could be friends too?" you heart pinged as he smiled. "i thought you would never ask!" he picked you up and spun you around. the two of you giggled and lost balance, with him landing on top of you.

his arms were stretched out, so you were under him but he wasn't directly on you. "im sorry. i-" you just smiled lightly, his eyes staring into yours. you never noticed how truly pretty chan himself was.

his soft, blonde hair covered his brown eyes. freckles marked his face around his cheeks, and his silver frame glasses added to his overall baby-ish face; well, compared to his body.

once the two of you got up, he placed you in his lap happily. a blush spread across your cheeks, making your face hot and pink.

he rested his head in the crook of your neck, a smile forming when you opened one of his palms and placed your hand in it. you could tell people were staring in awe, and chan didn't like the attention.

you drew small circles in his very large hands, a ladybug flying over to you and landing on your intertwined fingers. "thats my favorite kind!! a coccinella!!" you turned around, bringing the lady bug close to both of your faces.

"she's so pretty." the yellow bug gracefully walked around your hands. you looked up at an excited chan, his face practically bursting with affection.

you didnt know why, but your soft lips connected with his forehead. it was a reaction you didnt know how to stop yourself from. it wasnt bad though, you had always found chan kind of cute. he seemed confused, probably because nobody had ever been this close to him.

the ladybug landed on his face, crawling all over. he giggled, the small legs feeling like fuzzy fingers on his face. "thank you, y/n. for being my friend." he impulsively kissed you back on the nose, making you yelp and hide your face in his chest.

"my bestest friend, y/n." your entire body felt fuzzy and warm. more people should be friends with chan, you thought. he's a sweet and innocent person. his appearance was intimidating, but he was so genuinely nice and caring.

"just friends?" you said, quietly, but loud enough for chan to hear. all he did was giggle, bringing your face up from his chest and kissing you on the forehead.

"maybe not."