Fish

The trial wasn't run the way it should've. For one, Wen Chao was present because Wei WuXian was too nice and allowed him to reside in the Cloud Recesses for a bit for the trouble of their travels. That and he must've really wanted to know where the yin iron piece went.

"The nerve of you, coming back for money and then causing all of this trouble. Just what are you trying this time, Xue Yang?" Wen Chao barked like a wild dog. It made her think of rabies.

"Do not let him talk with that mouth of his. Kill him at once!" Nie Ming something shouted, slamming his fist into the table.

Even Wei WuXian didn't seem to want to stop it. His expression was pensive and quiet, his lips slightly pinched together. There seemed to be agreement amongst everyone that Xue Yang should've been killed. Nie Ming something's saber flew from where it was sheathed and darted towards Xue Yang who looked down and closed his eyes.

"Wait!" YiSang shouted, and just then Wei WuXian was there, his flute in front of the saber, stopping it before it did its damage. She didn't even see him move. He was like a ghost, moving at the speed of the waterfall beyond.

"Is waiting," Wei WuXian announced. She couldn't help but think that it was something Xue Yang would've said despite his being in his predicament. A sad smile fell on her lips as she walked just a bit closer.

"Xue Yang," she said.

"Silence! You let him talk and I guarantee you'll regret it. Brother Wei, remove yourself at once!" Nie Ming something shouted, his saber lifting once more. It rotated once and darted back towards him. YiSang jumped in the way, barely missing it when the notes of the guqin went off, pushing it back.

"YiSang!" Xue Yang shouted, lifting himself so far up that he was almost out of their grasp. His heart was thumping wildly in his chest, his stomach twisting knots until he saw that she was perfectly fine. In this moment, a wicked smile seemed to appear on Wen Chao's face like a wonderful realization had been made.

"They're partners in crime! I say to have the human wretch beheaded as well!" He shouted. YiSang knew that it was just his pride talking. Wen Chao was just angry that she had broken his pride once, and wouldn't mind doing it again, and she had the YiLing Patriarch's good side. Ruining that with Xue Yang would've been easy.

In a blink of an eye, Xue Yang bolted from his position, from all of the grips on him, and jumped onto the roof ready to make a run for it. Before he could go farther, Wen Chao sent Zhuliu down to YiSang, a blade against her neck.

"Come back or the girl loses her head," Wen Chao tested. Unfortunately, Xue Yang came back obediently, no regrets on his features. He was taken by the men again, tied up without saying anything.

"Zhuliu, kill her," Wen Chao ordered.

"Before anything can be done, there needs to be a questioning," Wei WuXian snapped.

"Send them both to the dungeon," Wangji said. This must've looked appropriate to everyone present, but YiSang knew it was mercy. They were giving her time to put her story together and give them a valid response. They wanted to give her a chance to explain herself as to why she was affiliated with Xue Yang.

"Fine. Send me to the dungeon. Not like I haven't seen the dirt floor before," she said, getting walked off as Wen Chao laughed in the distance. As they were being walked together, she was quiet for the most part. Xue Yang didn't stop looking at her, his eyes large and swallowing in her image.

"YiSang," he eventually said.

"Why?" YiSang questioned him, her gaze in front of her.