Sam and Colby's backstory

Third person
Five months before the apocalypse hit
Sam and colby were about to make an explanation video. When they bumped into Brennen Taylor while leaving Tender Greens, Colby's favourite restaurants.

"Hey, long time no see wassup guys" Brennen said smiling. "Yeah how've you been" Sam said...Colby stayed quiet. (Don't worry Brennan Taylor will not be a bad guy).

"What's wrong Colby" Brennen asked looking confused. "Your newest video, when you said I have a girlfriend when you damn sure know, I not that interested in girl, I mean I like em but not as much as guys, and plus my Dms got blown up" Colby said extremely fast.

That made Sam and Brennen laugh. Soon enough Colby was laughing as well.

"No but for real don't ever do that again" Colby said sternly. "Geez ok, ok I won't" Brennen put his hands up in defense.
____
After Brennen, Sam and Colby were done talking, Sam and Colby went to go exploring. Sam was recording, when Colby ran into some one.

Colby turned around to say sorry, but no one was there. Colby didn't see the person so he was scared thinking it was a ghost.

"Colby, they fell down there" Sam said pointing to the little Creek/trench thing they were walking by. "Well shit, let's go help them" Colby said before sliding on the ground, Sam put the camera down and followed Colby down.

They found nothing but a camera that was filming, so they stopped it and picked it up. They finished their exploration carefully, hoping they would find the person.

They didn't.
____
Sam and Colby went home exhausted from looking for the person. "Sam you know we can't look at that footage, right" Colby spoke out of the blue knowing Sam would try.

"What why" Sam ask out of mid-confusion. "We don't know who it belongs to" Colby replied.

"Right, right" Sam said, putting the camera away.
____
A few hours before the apocalypse hit
Sam was sitting on the couch making out with his girlfriend Katrina, while Colby was being lonely, watching the news.

Katrina got up to go to the bathroom, "Sam, remember it's Sam and Colby vs the world" Colby said jokingly. "Yeah I know" Sam said.

Katrina came back and gave Sam a kiss on the cheek, Sam texted Elton and Corey, to be ready. (They are up stairs).

Colby was ready to kill, but also not scared to die.

Sam was ready to kill for his girlfriend, and risk his life for his "brothers."

__________
And scene. So if you wondering, which your probably not, how they know about the apocalypse. It hit certain places at certain times. So it would be a few hours be the apocalypse hit Las Angeles, California.