Purification: 14

Yusaku was awakened by cold water being dumped on him. Laughter rang in his ears as he sat in damp clothes.

"Up and at'em Little Yu." said a voice.

Yusaku growled and tackled him to the floor, getting a few punches in before he was subdued by his brother's weight.

"Dad's worried about you, you know. So many demons have died within the week. He told me to keep you indoors until the problem is solved." said his brother, lifting Yusaku up.

If they only knew he was the reason so many were dying. He wouldn't see a need to if they'd stop targeting Ryoken.

"Saki." Yusaku called out.

"Hm? It's not often you call me Saki." he said with piqued interest.

"Ryoken's mother died and he's all alone now. I can't stay in here when I have keep him safe from hungry demons." said Yusaku, hoping his brother would understand.

"So what? You want him to live with us? Yu, I get it. We consider him family, but just take a step back and look at things. He was destined to die someday." said Saki with a sad smile.

Yusaku looked at him with a hurt expression. He couldn't believe he'd say something like that. He pushed past him and ran out the house. He was never coming back home.

"Yusaku!" Saki shouted, watching his brother run down the street. "Such an idiot..."

Yusaku often stumbled as he climbed the mountain up to the church. He didn't stop until he entered through the doors, falling to his knees. It was eerily silent as usual. He looked up and saw Ryoken by the altar. The smell of incest reached his nostrils, daring him to move closer. He put all his concentration into hiding his demon scent as he walked in.

"Ryoken." he called out.

Ryoken turned towards him and smiled softly. Yusaku could feel his concentration breaking, threatening to reveal his true form. he hurried towards Ryoken and hugged him, blocking his view of his now visible horns and tail.

"Can I live with you here? Please?" he begged.

"Why? Don't you have a loving family?" Ryoken asked in confusion.

"They don't want me hanging outside anymore... They don't care that you lost your precious mother... they don't care about you anymore..." Yusaku whispered, holding Ryoken tighter.

Ryoken patted his hands in comfort. He always got the feeling they were only pretending for their son's sake.

"You can. But just know food is limited here." said Ryoken, having taken everything he could from his home.

"Don't worry, I can steal from home." said Yusaku with a smile.

He had forgotten his horns and tail were visible. He couldn't move or else Ryoken would see them. He couldn't make them disappear. He had one option. He kept Ryoken's head down as he backed up to a safe distance, finally being able to hide them.

"What was that for?" Ryoken muttered, looking back at him.

"Uh... just playing around." laughed Yusaku.

"May I join in the fun?" a voice said from behind them.

"Sakio." Ryoken said with wide eyes.

Yusaku looked and saw his brother standing with his hands on his hips. Did he hear everything?

"So this is where you've ended up." said Saki, looking around. "And this is where you want to stay?"

"I don't want to live with heartless people like you." said Yusaku angrily.