One

Daniel was out playing basketball with his friends, yeah even though it's late, his Mom still let him play. After the game, Daniel started to walk back home as fire trucks rush past him. His friends eager, they chased after the trucks and so did Daniel, but he soon came to a stop seeing that his house was burning up in flames. In shock, he just froze and soon the fire men managed to put out the fire. Later, he sat on the side of the road as the police men talked about a victim who was found dead, with third degree burns, and a female about in her mid 20's. Daniel instantly knew that they were talking about his Mom making him break down, he soon remember about his brother and he went over to the men in blue.

"Excuse me sir?" He called having them turn around.

"Yes?" The man asked.

"Have you spotted my brother, and please don't tell me what happened to my mother." He muttered and the police looked at each other.

"This was your place kid?" They asked and he nodded with tears already running down his face.

"We didn't spot any male within the building, but we'll see where we can be able to find him, okay?" The man asked and he nodded.

"We'll take him in." Their neighbor, Milika Hansen spoke and Daniel sighed.

"Okay, thank you Ms..." Daniel trailed off.

"Mrs. Hansen, and nice jacket." She ushered with open arms.

"Hey, that's my last name." He squinted his eyes at her making Milika laugh.

"Oh child, you have so much to learn about you. But! For now, go get some rest." Milika ushered before kissing his forehead.

Daniel smiled before going upstairs and to the only room that was open. Looking around, he seen a lot of football items, but a specific picture caught his eye.

"Dinah Jane and...who is this?" Daniel wondered before pulling out his phone, searching up his idol name, he spotted the picture with Dinah and the mystery girl on the photo.

who is this?" Daniel wondered before pulling out his phone, searching up his idol name, he spotted the picture with Dinah and the mystery girl on the photo

"Normani Kordei..." He trailed off looking at the girls features before looking at more pictures.

"Hey Danny." Regina greeted plopping on the bed.

"Oh hey Gina, ready for school tomorrow?" Daniel smirked as she scrunched up her face in disgust.

"Ew no, but you're lucky because you're going to graduate before me." Regina replied before getting up.

"Well, goodnight." Daniel says before putting his phone on the charger.

"Goodnight and sorry about what happened Danny, life will get better, I promise." Regina did promise before kissing his cheek in a friendly way.

He nodded before changing out of his clothes into the clothes in the closet. After taking a shower, he slept until someone woke him up. Someone who he instantly knew which had him out of bed in shock.

"Aw shucks, and he's cute Mom." Dinah exclaimed as Milika laughed.

"Oh my God! Wait I can't fan girl, that's gay." He tried to compose himself which caused Dinah to laugh.

"He's a fan?" Dinah asked and Milika nodded.

"What, I- uh yeah." He also answered.

"Cool, get dress. I'm taking you to school. Also, nice hoodie." Dinah told him with a wink before leaving his room.

He got dressed rather quickly and ran downstairs to spot Dinah talking to the chocolate beauty Daniel seen last night.

"That was quick." She spoke and Daniel was starstruck.

Her voice sounded angelic too.

"Let's go, also be prepared because my car is a little loud and...fast." Dinah smirked as she ushered him to her car.

She wasn't wrong, how can a red Bugatti Chiron not be loud and fast. Daniel got into the back as Normani and Dinah drove in the front.

"I never thought in a million of years, that I'll be coming back to that place

"I never thought in a million of years, that I'll be coming back to that place." Normani spoke making Dinah laugh as she started the car.

"Oh yeah, I heard about what happened, sorry about your Mom." Dinah said which Daniel blushed to.

"Uh, well life is unexpected. I'm going to miss her though." Daniel responded which Dinah nodded to.

Dinah and Normani kept up with their conversation until Daniel decided to speak up after looking at his phone for 5 minutes.

"Are you two dating?" He asked making Normani laugh as Dinah blushed.

"No." Normani answered plainly.

"I wish." Dinah muttered causing Normani to shake her head with a smile.

"So you two never kissed before?" He asked.

"How old are you again?" Dinah asked him which he laughed to.

"I was born in 2007, so I'm 12 about to turn 13." He answered.

"Yeah yeah, I know I know. How's 7th grade?" Dinah asked.

"It's easy, but it's hard because you know." He blushed just thinking about her.

"He's has a crush." Normani easily pointed out which he blushed even more to.

"Ho-how did you fi-figure that out?" Daniel asked.

"You're a lightskin baby, so I can see your blush unlike me, you can't see mines." Normani addressed.

"Which is a huge downfall, not being able to see your blush." Dinah muttered.

"See, just like Dinah, she has a crush on me. Who's the mystery girl?" Normani asked.

Dinah was deep blushing by then and Normani had her eye brow raised.

"Her." Daniel pointed to the smaller girl next to her sister.

Dinah hit the breaks which caused Normani to look at her in questioning.

"Sofia Cabello! Boy you sure do have some kind of taste." Dinah spoke in complete shock.

"Oh, OH NO!" Normani covered her mouth.

"Is that bad to crush on her?" He asked.

"Uh, you might die because she actually comes over to my house also because I may or may not know her older sister." Dinah rambled.

"Huh, wait no!" He panicked.

"Listen listen, everything will be fine...if you don't screw things up of course." Normani tried to calm him down but he just shakes his head.

"Well, let's go in why don't we." Dinah ushered and they all got out of the car.