Chapter 1

I don't own these characters they all belong to the CW and DC Comics

This story is dedicated to TheAIWriter XxSuperFlashxX for all the support they have given me on my stories and writing such amazing stories as well. And of course all of my amazing super friends on Instagram!

3 years ago
Central City

The streets were crowded like always, people never watching where they were going, talking on the phone while rushing to work. Coffees in hand ready to spill the moment someone bumps into them. It wasn't that different from any other bustling city. A young blonde, around the age of 26, was trying to pass through this crowd, while acting as normal as possible. She couldn't be late on her first day of work. It was kind of ironic, to be honest, Kara Danvers, being late? She has super speed. If she wanted to, she could've just flown above this entire crowd, and land nearby where the Central City Picture News was located. But she's not supposed to attract unwanted attention. And National City's Hero Supergirl in Central, that would definitely be attracting attention.

A few weeks ago, Kara was exposed by this substance, which made every horrible thought and strong emotions of anger come to the surface. It felt like she wasn't even in control. Things got so bad to the point where she took it out on the entire city. She was the villain for once, not the hero. Luckily Alex and the DEO were able to cure her, however, that didn't matter to the city. No matter how hard she tried to make things right, they just saw her for who she was when she was under the red kryptonite.

So Kara decided to hang up the cape, she loved helping people more than anything, being Supergirl meant everything to her. And people not wanting her help, it crushed her. But nevertheless she thought it was best if she were to move away, she wanted a new start, and Central City was that new start. Ms. Grant was able to give her a good recommendation to the head of Central City Picture News, and she was hired after an interview. Today was her first day.

Kara finally arrived at her new place of work and walked up to the receptionist. "Hi, I'm Kara Danvers, I'm the new reporter." Kara kindly stated to the young lady, in hopes to find out where to go. However, the receptionist completely ignored and stared at her computer. "Excuse me, do you know where I'm supposed to go," Kara asked once more hoping to get the woman's attention, but instead she still remained still, as her eyes still focused on her computer. "Ignore her, she's new." A young lady said approaching Kara. Kara turned around and faced the voice, she saw a young woman around her age. "Oh ok, well I was just hoping to find out where my desk was. I'm Kara the new reporter." She said offering her hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Iris, I'm also a reporter, I'll show you to where you'll be working." She said as she shook Kara's hand and gave her a friendly smile. "Follow me," Iris said as she started walking further in the building leading Kara to an elevator.

"So Kara, how long have you been a reporter for?" Iris asked as the two walked inside and Iris pushed the button to take them to the third floor. "Not very long actually, technically this is my first time being one," Kara explained as she adjusted her glasses out of nervousness. Kara really didn't have too much experience with being a reporter. She's familiar with the work that Clark and Lois do at the Dailey Planet in Metropolis, and she learned a few things from being Ms. Grant's assistant, but she never really thought that she herself would become one.

"Oh, I understand. I honestly wasn't even the one who suggested that I should go into journalism, my best friend Barry suggested it." Iris explained. "I understand, I've always taken an interest in it, cause my cousin does it but didn't really know if it was for me," Kara explained. The elevator opened, and the two walked out following through a bunch of desks. Kara gave a small smile or a wave as she passed by each employee. Suddenly the two stopped at a white medium size desk with a computer and phone on top.  There were also a few post-it notes and papers laying down, probably giving a little brief training.