Trying to go back to Normal

I wake up with my neck hurting from my sleeping position. I feel as if I'm laying on someone. My eyes grow wide realizing I was laying down with my arm over Granger and her head was resting on my chest. I didn't move in fear of waking her up.

       I finally try to get out of the bed without making any sound. I move slightly until I can get up from the bed. I was about to head for the boys' restroom when I hear a soft hoarse voice.

      "Dra- what are you doing here?" Granger asks yawning and rubbing her eye as she groaned. I stayed silent for a bit. Then she finally got what happened. "I didn't- I-" she starts.

      "It's fine. No one had to know," I say looking down and I make my way out.

       "Thank you. For helping," she apologizes awkwardly. I nod abd turn to see her.

       "Sure. Can you do me a favor?" I ask smoothly.

    She nods uncertainty.

       "Could you, you know- recommend me for a prefect?" i finally blurt.

      "Why so you can bully people again?" she asks slightly harsh.

       I flush and turn around again, "never mind. Just forget it."

      So much for a good chance.

      "Malfoy..." Hermione says, but I leave.

   I sneak into the prefects' bathroom where I clean myself up and wear the same clothes I had on since I didn't know where my clothes was. I looked at myself in the mirror. I stood there with my hair ruffled in a mess of tangles, and my clothes wrinkled, along with my face scratched.

      I comb my hair with my fingers and walk to the Great Hall. I spot Crabbe and Goyle in one end of the table, but I shot on the opposite side. I sit on the edge as I nibbled on a piece of toast.

     I spot Potter glaring at me from the Gryffindor table. I guess Ron was in the hospital wing with Granger.

       I got up and left the hall before everyone else. I hear footsteps behind me and I abruptly halt. "What do you want Potter?" I ask forcefully through my anger.

        "Now you're attacking Gryffindors like your pathetic father. Stop it or I'll hex you right now!" Harry yelled, his face boiling red.

        "I didn't do anything. And don't call my father that!" I get my teeth, gripping on my wand.

        "You lying Malfoy. I'll kill you right-" Harry warns before I interrupt.

        "Kill me then! I don't care! Go ahead," I turn to face him abd drop my arms to my side. But he did nothing. He grumbled and walked away.

        I sigh and walk again. But I couldn't stop thinking about her. I decide to go back to the. hospital wing.

      I enter and spot her laying on the bed, Weasel next to her. Jealousy hit my with a pang.

      I storm off and walk into an empty hallway, where I sit on the floor.

      I rubbed my arm against my mark until I ended up leaving a red mark. I relaxed and just stayed there. I sat there until the hallways filled with students.

      But something was odd about them.

     I saw Crabbe and Goyle pass by, but when I tried to greet them, they ignored me abd looked straight ahead. Their eyes never shifted and all walled in a line. I seemed to be the only one not like them. I even saw Potter passing by!

       I had to get to Granger. Fast. Since they all huddled around me with hate on their eyes. No, more like hunger.