Chapter 2

Dawn light flooded Luna's house. "How did I get here?" Luna asked. "Luna!" Maya sobbed, she ran towards Luna and hugged her. Tears flooded from Maya's hazel eyes. "I missed you so much!" Luna hugged Maya tightly. "I'm back." Luna murmured. "You were away for a month!" Maya cried. "But I was only gone for a day." Luna said, she looked at Maya, puzzled. "I was worried! I want to come with you to school next time!" Maya whimpered. "Next year you can." Luna smiled. "But I want to go now!" Maya whispered. "Please, Luna?" "Fine.." Luna answered. "Yay!" Maya jumped in the air. "Let's go!" Maya commanded. "What? No. I need to stay at home for a while." Luna said. Luna hopped into bed. A noise came from outside. Luna got up and went into Maya's bedroom. "Maya..." Luna said sleepily. Luna instantly became awake as she realised Maya wasn't in bed. Luna looked out the window. Maya got on Luna's broomstick and was heading into the portal. "MAYA!!!" Luna yelled. Maya looked back. "Sorry, Luna." She held Luna's gaze for a moment then flew into the portal. "MAYA! Get back!!!" Luna screamed. "Luna! What's all this noise??" Luna's mom gasped. "Maya took my broom and is heading into my school!!" Luna cried, her voice trailed off as she shivered. "Get back inside. Maya will come back." Luna's mom stared at the sky in hope. "I know she will."