NABASA KO NA YAN: ANNIVERSARY CHAPTER

"Oh. Thank you very much."

"It's nothing granny. Take care!"

Then the old woman rode the cab I called for her. I just helped her carry her things that are too heavy for her. No one would help her even though there are many people passing down the street. It was a painful sight for me and I can't just sit and do nothing. So, I did the right thing, right?

Well anyway, it's been almost an hour. Our meeting place is only a 10 minute ride from her home. In short, she's pretty late. I guess most of the women are like that and it would be better this way. I would be the one waiting for her.

The weather today is good, I think. I little bit cloudy to be precise. Countless people passing by. Some are going to their work, some are going to school and some are just strolling in the park. I thought that the agreed time was too early for her but oh well, it was planned and she agreed. What matters to me is that she would come. No. I mean. She WILL come.

Why? 'Cause it our first anniversary today.

And at last, I received a text message form her. And guess what?

Crisha:

'Sorry babe, gotta be late for a few more minutes. Some thing came up. Love you. <3'

So then I replied,

'It's okay babe. Take your time. I'll be waiting. Love you too. <3

I can't be angry or pissed or whatever. It'll just ruin my day. OUR day. So I'll just have to wait for her.

In the meantime, I've decided to have a stroll at the park. It is a park, so it would be okay to have a stroll. The sun has not yet fully set up in the sky and I can still feel the coldness from the rain last night. The ground has yet to dry. There are a lot of people who take a jog around here and it gets lively when the children go to the playground to.. play. That's what its purpose, ne?

I don't really get the idea of making a park on the middle of the busy streets. It's like placing a holy sanctuary in the middle of the burning hell. But a park is still a park. So I think it is made solely for our anniversary. Someone knew we would have our anniversary and we would choose a meeting place that would be near malls and places where people usually hang out. I think.....it was fate.

Silly me, of course it was joke. You have my permission to laugh. (Hahahaha). There you go, you read it and laughed. Thank you. :)

Somehow, the air had changed. I felt something was wrong as if someone or something really evil is lurking. I'm not a psychic or whatever but everytime I get this feeling, it always comes true. Like when I sensed that my cat was going to eat my food when I answered a phone call from my girlfriend. It was evil. Purely evil. I just don't understand cats. They want to be cuddled, taken care of and to be given food but never in my entire life I saw them coming to me excitedly when I come back home (unlike the dogs or unless I'm holding something fishy..literally). They're just there, waiting for you to touch them. Well, I still love them though.

Back to that evil feeling, I stopped walking for a while because I was hearing some voices. Since I still sense that evil feeling I decided to go back. And just when I started walking back, I heard a voice of a man.

"Everything is ready."

What's that supposed to mean? I wonder. I don't care. I don't want any trouble either. It seems he was to talking to someone over a phone. And they maybe, MAYBE they are scheming something.

Maybe they were planning something like burning down the park. Or kidnapping the children in the playground or, I don't know. Maybe I was thinking too much, yeah right...