ch 23

i woke up to colby calling me. the sky was pitch black so it must be the middle of the night. i also realized i was in jakes bed next to him, he must have carried me there after i fell asleep.

"hello?" i groggily spoke into the phone as i left the room.

"sam? oh thank god!" colby spoke. his tone seemed worried.

"whats up? are you ok?" i asked him.

"im fine. i just- when you texted me about that letter, like an hour later jake said you seemed off tonight like sad or something and then you werent answering so i assumed the worst but thank god youre okay," colby hurriedly spoke.

"oh no colby im fine i promise. ive just been super tired lately and its really taking a toll on my moods but im fine," i reassured him.

"ok. i love you sammy. text me if you need me. anytime. dont worry about bothering me or anything, okay?" colby told me.

"i love you too colbs. i promise i'll let you know if i need you."

"ok. bye sammyyyyyy."

"bye colbyyyyyy."

i hung up the phone and tip-toed back into jakes room.

"babe?" he sleeply asked.

"its me," i smiled at him calling me babe.

"everything ok?" he asked, not moving a muscle.

"yeah just some stuff with colby. its all good now," i told him.

i cawled back into bed and jake wrapped his arms aroud me.

"i love you baby," he whispered.

"i love you too."

*next morning*

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UPPPPPPPPPP," jake yelled, jumping on the bed.

"what is everything okay??" i freaked out.

"oh. yeah. i just wanted attention," jake giggled.

"come here," i opened my arms.

jake flopped back down next to me and cuddled into my arms.

i started tracing the tattoos on his arms and giggled.

"whattttt?" jake asked.

"nothing i just love your tattoos." i told him.

"wanna get one?" jake asked me.

"colby would actually kill me."

"he wouldnt care. he had a bunch too."

"yeah but hes not here right now to like 'big-brother' me about it," i spoke putting air quotes around big brother.

jake laughed. "he cant kill you if you dont tell him about it."

ok true...

"okay. lets do it!"

"really?"

"hey my brother said it best, take chances."

jake smiled and threw me over his shoulder and carried me to the car. the whole way to the tattoo parlor i debated what tattoo i wanted to get. i had a rough idea of what i wanted but i had no plan. when we got there i told the guy what i wanted and asked him to design it for me. after about 20 minutes of waiting the man came back with a sketch.

"thats perfect!" i squealed.

the guy walked jake and i back to a room and had me sit on my back. he drew the design onto my upper rib area and got everything prepared to tattoo me.

"are you nervous?" jake asked me.

"not really," i replied. im not too nervous. i know i can handle pain.

the man started to tattoo me and i made sure to keep my breathing steady. jake held my had even though i wasnt in pain and stayed quiet right next to me.

damn. if colby was here he would kill us