Am I Insane?

I tried to pull more, but my finger only grew tired and wouldn't let me escape from it's grasp, only stressing the crease of my finger further, like a saw was cutting through the front of my finger.

It won't come off? Where does this ribbon lead? It seemed to go on for eternity. I attempted to walk forwards but I couldn't feel my feet move. I suddenly realized the my legs. I couldn't FEEL them. Are they crushed? Are they gone? I looked down, it felt like my feet weren't even there. My eyelashes fluttered once again, only to make my view harder to make out.

But finally I managed to make out what I was seeing. I saw a peach tail, twinkling in the sun rays which emitted from the water's surface. The rays cascaded down onto the tail, which had a frill-like fin that waved in the ripples of the ocean, adjusting to the current. This must have be some kind of dream, I couldn't recollect what I did last.

I couldn't even remember my own name. What kind of torture is this? My thoughts were so empty. It felt like i had gone inexcusably insane. I poked my tail and shuddered as I felt the sensation from my finger which had reached for a scale.

I jolted and fell back onto the sand which created a cloud and got into my eye. I brushed it away and cleared my coral hair from my face. I poked my tail and shuddered as I felt the sensation from my finger which had reached for a scale. It was too real, but it couldn't be. Mermaids and Sirens don't exist... Just to make sure, I slapped myself in the face, "OUCH!" Definitely alive.

Stressed, I nervously played with my hair, twirling it around my finger and plaiting it into a fishtail braid. It calmed me. I took a long deep sigh and continued to play with my hair. I looked at my finger, engulfed in tangled hair. I started uncurling my hair from this mess I had made. Then I realised, in my hair was that all too familiar crimson ribbon. Oh no...

I tried to pull it out as it tied into a knot around the end of the braid. Dammit! I started to untie the knot (which was incredibly hard since I didn't have access to both ends). I kept working at it. Thus, finally coming undone and releasing my rosy, coral hair.

A glow of violet and different shades of fuchsia soared into the corner of my eye, bubbles ascending from the blurred concoction. I angled my head as my eyes foraged for where the luminously vibrant glow was developing from. What could possibly vent such a dazzling colour scheme?

My eyes were throbbing, but I kept trying to see what it was. What was this exasperating feeling? I felt deep embitter as I tried desperately, perilously, fiercely, to focus the blur. I finally managed to cure my vision, even though it took a prolonged amount of time.

Jelly-like creatures emerged from aflush, vividly-spirited coral which was twisting and turning almost as though they were holding each other by the hand. The pale, electrifying creatures had lengthy strings attached to their pulp. A brainless skull, plain white. However, more and more of them emerged ranging from lavender, plum, roseate, cerulean all the way to teal and aquamarine.

felt so alone, but so alive at the same time. There was no one to comfort me, but I had such an asthmatic view. I was speechless, breathless even. From the fresh, lush, flourishing foliate. The kelp soared in the sluggish current, some freshly sprouting and others languid, drooping like a candle out of wax as their time ran out.

Enervated I made my way, venturing, stunned by the multicoloured, rich flora, guided by the cardinal, flame-like string...