Red Dahlias: One

RED DAHLIAS

Summary:

Katsuki Bakugo has always been rough. Since you were little, you'd always protected Deku from him. Eventually, you had to move away because of your parent's business--but now you're back, and you're enrolled into the same class at U.A.. All you can think is that Bakugo hasn't changed, but what happens when you start to cough up Dahlia flowers--flowers that nearly seem to match his eyes? Are you suffering from unrequited love, or are you going insane?

*******

A/N: Hey hey, we're back with another short story! This time? It's Bakugo you're in love with! Can you two childhood rivals(sort of???) sort out your differences and turn it into a full on romance before you die, or is he too damn stubborn to even admit his own feelings for you? This a female reader insert story! If you didn't read the summary above, please read it, because you won't find much of an explanation here! This is written in your POV. Throughout this story, there will be a few bits of narrations done by yourself(bold and italics)! The song for this first chapter is called Otherside by The Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Note: Anything mentioned in this story along the lines of: self harm, rape, dark humor, bullying, jokes(racist, sexual, or otherwise), are not meant to offend any readers that may find an interest in viewing my story.

Note 2: Pictures shared are not mine unless otherwise specified, so credit to all fanartists and original creator of the characters.

You in this story:
You're female
Your quirk is called "Force". It's a wind/air-type quirk. Basically you can use pressurized wind to destroy things or move things.
Because of your air/wind quirk, your eyes are a strange white shade(you can see out of them, it's not like you're blind).
You choose your own hair color/skin color

Y/N: First name
L/N: Last name
N/N: Nickname
H/C: Hair color
S/C: Skin color
E/C: eye color

ENJOY!

********************************************************************************************

It happened just after the U.S.J. incident.

Being stuck in an area with Bakugo and Kirishima, fighting off weak ass villains, wasn't how I had thought the class lesson would turn out, but I pretty much couldn't avoid it, right? It wasn't my fault some villains decided to break into the U.S.J. for the crazy purpose of killing All Might--which had proved to be futile in the end.

Bakugo had done everything in the attack to make sure that I was safe. Somehow, though I had thought maybe he was just protecting me from villains was just to piss me off, in the back of my mind I knew that wasn't it. Bakugo didn't hate me personally. He didn't have a grudge against me, or any of that bullshit. In reality, he didn't have time for that. I was something he didn't feel like wasting his effort on...or at least that's how I'd always thought he looked at it. After the U.S.J., I wasn't ever really sure though. At first, when he'd protected me inside the building, it was like he was insulting me. But then, after I let it sink in that he was purposely making sure I wasn't getting attacked--all the while defending his own self from their weak attempts at fighting him--I started to get a strange feeling inside of my chest.

It wasn't until after the whole thing, when Bakugo pretty much forced me to let him look me over for wounds or scratches, that the feeling started to grow.

I realized I was in love with Katsuki Bakugo.

Normally, the idea would've repulsed me--at least back when we were kids. When I'd entered this school with him, I had had to admit to myself that he was definitely handsome. He had definitely matured in the looks department some(though, only as a teenager would). But...for some reason...this wasn't what I was focusing on. Bakugo seemed to change after his first fight with Midoriya, he seemed to start trying to learn better. To focus more. To better himself.