Chapter 1: Farewell

Your POV:
Your Grampy's body laid in the cold hospital bed. His shallow breathing bringing on tears. Hot tears rolled down your face as your papa and mom held you close.

"Y-y/n..." I looked up to see Grampy's pain stricken face. "I knew that my time... was up." His fragile hands reached down into the crevice of the bed. "I w-want you to have this..." His hands revealed a Fox plushie. The plushie has 2 tails instead of one. A rod pultruded out of the head, revealing a red gem at the end.

Horror coursed through my body. My heart fell to my stomach. I stared at Grampy. He was meekly smiling. "Keep care of it." He reached a hand out. I gently held his hand. "I l-love... you..." His hand slowly went limp as his shallow breathe faded.

The straight beep startled the nurses. One of them walked in, sorrow on her face. "I'm so sorry for your loss." I whimpered as I dug my face into my papa's shirt. "Come on, Y/N. Grampy's in a better place." I looked up at him. My mother picked up the doll. "It was so sweet, that even in his dying moments, he made you something." I stared at it, my flight instinct screaming at me.

My mom handed me the doll. I yipped as it touched me. My mom turned to me, disappointment shadowing her glare. I shakily take the doll. We walk out of the hospital, knowing that I'm stuck with this thing forever.