The glade

Y/N P.O.V
You felt a burning sensation in your lungs, you shot up gasping for air, holding your throat as you bend down on your knees hunching over, desperate for the feeling to leave. Soon the feeling was gone, your voice raspy from the coughing. You then take notice in where you are, a metal cage. Bright lights flashing on and off. And then the lights switch off completely, A few seconds later you are blinded by a white light. Soon you see many heads peer up. Noticing the short haircuts, the faces, you realized they where only boys. Soon, a boy with sandy hair and eyes brown and warm comes into the box. Not knowing what to do you scoot into a corner. Before you do he manages to see your tear stained face once. " bloody hell." He mutters. "Who is it newt?" " does he look like a tuff one? Or a sassy one like Minho?" " yeah, is she annoying like him.? " " um, I'm feeling a bit attacked." You heard the boys mutter as you look down into your knees. " it's, it's a girl" the boy looked up. You heard the quiet murmurs of confusion, angry ness, and a little bit of happiness. Soon, a dirty but large hand reaches forward to you, you follow up the hand, noticing the veins clear in his arm, soon your eyes are met with his.

"I'm newt, do you remember your name love?" You shook your head no. He sighed and motioned to his arm, soon you take his hand and lifts you up. Then he jumps onto the opening of the box and pulls you up with him. You gulp as you see all the boys looking at you. Newt seems to notice you uncomfortably holding your arm. He yells at them to get to work. They comply as they leave, all but him and a boy with dark skin. " I'm alby, sorta like the leader round here." He puts his hand out for a shake, you lightly take yours out as you shake. He smiles gradually and tells you that newt will end giving you the tour. You nod as he leaves you two.

As newt walks around telling you about the glade, your eyes look around the walls. Softly, you speak your voice cracking due to lack of water. " w-what's out there, beyond the walls?" You notice the uncomforted look as he clears his throat. "Umm, nothing that concerns you Greenie." You we're now more curious as to why they all called you greenie. But you just nod and continue walking. Soon the day is over and the bonfire starts. You uncomfortably sit on the wooden log holding a mug of hot water in it. Only wondering about where you where going to sleep away the night.

Newt notices you and walks over to you however not sitting down. He just smiles and informs you that you will sleep in your own hut, near the deadheads. You nod slowly, his smile fades into a frown as he tells you. " All will be explained in time love, all in time." You once again nod, not as confidently as you did before.

He then walks you to your house. Closing the door behind you. You gasp as you notice the huts beautiful decorations. " um, we uhh, when we found out you where a girl we well, wanted to make you comfortable so um, well we? sorry if it's not as pretty as you wanted it to, but we uh, we tried? Minho even tried potting a sunflower for you, sorry if it isn't your thing, we just wanted you to feel welcome as the only girl." He scratched his neck. You turned around tears in your eyes.

He gasps at you. " you really didn't like it that much, were sorry you shouldn't be crying for hating it, I understand" he looked down sadly his eyes droopy with guilt. You soon found your way to him and gave him a hug. Whispering a small thank you. He was surprised at the action, you weren't one to talk ,much, but you could sure as heck give good hugs.

He blushed as he pulled away, " g'night greenie, tomorrow will be great." He said as he left the room with pink cheeks. Soon you found yourself in thinking about newt. You sighed as you noticed your feelings

" I'm already in love? You've got to be kidding."

A/N sooo. How was the first chapter? I hope I'm doing well, thanks for the support
-(^~^)- huuuug