Prologue

© 2019 dxspairinq

We were all lined up- "Tara Cabrara. Come forward." 

I'd come forward with shivering and sweaty hands- trying to force my head to face- but it won't let me. With tons of stares, lots of focused eyes on me. On me. "I-I.."

"Wakey- wakey dear!" I'd wake up with hearing a loud voice that contained the excitement which I did not expect. I looked around, slapped my cheek, and then I saw. That was a dream, nothing more. 

"Sweetheart- you alright?" I looked to see- hearing a concerning voice, and to see it was my mom. Maria Cabrara.

My family known as the Cabraras, are famous people known in America. Because of one thing, there was a guy that had the same name as my family. His name was Draco Cabrara. He was known as a famous worldwide author. He loved to write- he was famous for his hard work- how he became a writer because no matter how many countless times he was called a failure because he can't speak he never gave up. He didn't give in to those people that wanted him to give up. He knew that those people were just jealous of him- but he didn't give in, neither did he care- or showed that he did- he kept going and soon he became a famous worldwide author. Now you must be wondering, how did he all of a sudden become famous worldwide author? Well, let's see, he made a whole series about this boy with no voice, and let me tell you, it exploded in a good way on YouTube and people were amazed by his writing. His writing was calming to read- but there was a twist. His writing felt like he was hurt. Like he got hurt multiple times. He sounded like he wanted to give out a message.  He had such sharp almond eyes. His hair color was black. It runs in the Cabrara family. Black eyes and black hair is not new to the family. But there is a twist. Instead of black eyes- he had such color eyes that no one imagined that even existed. He had purple eyes. No, it is not eye contacts, it's not either. He had REAL purple eyes. It shocked the world. But his purple eyes weren't the only thing that amazed the world- it was his writing. His message to the people. Because each and every one of his books contained a message which made the people in love with his books.

"Dear- hello! Are you okay?" My mom said while waving her hand on my face. "Mum! I'm not crazy. I'm okay- I just had a... nightmare." I said while stuttering, stuttering is one of my habits when I'm nervous. "Tara, I can tell when you're lying. I'm your mother- I know you really well don't play dumb with me. What is going on?" she'd say with such concern. "Okay well.. do you know who Draco Cabrara is?" "Yes, what about him?" "Well because of what he did- I-I had a fear like I will be judged too, mum. Like you know I love to write. I feel like I will be treated badly too like I am some sort of virus that is spreading around." I'd start crying- I just couldn't. With all the scary images of people staring down to me- seeing like I'm some sort of germ that dragged out of nowhere. "Oh sweetheart. No one will treat you like that. You have a gift and that is to write. You make people change. Because you know it very well- your writing also has a special message to give. You know that there are countless writers being judged because of something they do- but you want to give a message out to the world that just because of something doesn't mean you're a germ that is spreading around- you're a Cabrara- you're special in your own way and everyone knows that Cabraras have talent and you're one of them." She'd smile. Her words and her hugs comfort me way too much, whenever my mum talks she makes me feel like I can fly. She makes me feel so comfortable and she brings so much strength to myself that it feels like I can do anything. "Thanks mum." I'd smile. "You're always welcome, Tara Cabrara." She'd wink. We'd both laugh out loud, my mum is my best friend she makes me feel so high in a good way.