Chapter 8

"Geo? What did you do?"
"I promised I'd keep you safe."
"You didn't have to kill him."
"Yes I did Holly. You just don't understand it yet. He would've killed you if I didn't kill him first."
"But, Geo. This means your bad. All bad. What happened to being good?" Tears stream down her face. I know she's upset. But she doesn't see that it was for the better. She doesn't see that this doesn't make me all bad, just partly. The part that Toby brought out.
"What did he do to you?"
"He brought out the bad in the good."
"There is no good left in you Geo." I skim my hand over her cheek and smile. Someone is behind her, but I can't see them. Their arm wraps around her neck, and pulls her back a bit.
"Don't touch her! Stop, let go!" Someone has a grip on my hands. I don't remember there ever being more than three people. The person that has her holds up a knife.
"No! Don't please! She didn't do it!" They slam the knife down into her chest.
"Holly!" I scream. I'm let go by the mystery person. I try to save her, but my attempts make it worse. Finally all life slips from her, and she's nothing but a cold, empty body.
I jolt awake. I'm all sweaty and out of breath. I start to panic about where I am, not fully remembering it. I start to realize where I am and I calm a bit. It's the first time I've had a dream about watching my sister die. It was so vivid and real. I could've sworn it actually happened. A knock comes to the door and I jump.
"Geo? Are you alright love?"
"I'm fine."
"Are you sure? you just screamed."
"I did? Oh sorry. I was just having a bad dream."
"You can take a shower if you like?"
"Sure that'd be great."
"Okay, call me if you need me. I'll go get some towels." I silently get out of bed, trying not to make too much sound because of my now pounding headache. I grip onto my head and squint my eyes. I walk out of the room to find Toby holding a towel, looking at me concerned.
"Are you sure you're fine love? You don't look too good."
"Yeah, just a small headache." I lied. The room was spinning and my head was hurting. I felt as if I was going to pass out at any time. A hand grips my arm and I look over to see Toby guiding me back into the room.
"I'm fine Toby."
"No you're not. You almost fell over just standing there. Lay down, I'll be back soon." He lays a blanket over me and kisses my forehead gently. I start feeling guilty for all the hate that I've been feeling, he really deserves love more than hate. Hate is all I've been feeling towards him. I don't even know why I told him I loved him, maybe hoping he'd let me go home? Whatever it was, it's long gone now. I've been doing good at not pointing out the fact that every single little thing he does I hate him for, but rather be nice and hope for the best.
I hear the door open and I freeze.
"Geo? Are you alright love?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"are you still in bed?" He asks, his voice becoming etched with annoyance. I smile at the fact that he doesn't trust that I'm following simple rules.
"No," I say sliding out of bed. I hear him sigh and growl, then I see him walk past the room.
"Well, you're not in the bathroom," he walks by again.
"And not in the living room," I take my chances and sprint out into the hallway and up the stairs silently.
"And you're not in the kitchen," he says. I hold my breath when I hear some footsteps coming up the stairs.
"I guess I'll check up here." I hide myself in a closet. Smart move, Geo my mind nags me. I hold my breath when I hear tiny sounds coming from outside the door. I get on my hands and knees, prepared to crawl out of here. He walks by a few times, then all sound stops. I start shaking and my breath turns to short quick ones. The door flies open and I flinch and crawl back behind the clothes. I hear him chuckle and see him sit on the floor.
"Relax Geo. I'm not going to hurt you."
"You scared the living fuck outta me!"
"Well yeah, that was kinda the point." I smile and let out a shaky breath.
"Come here please." He silently says. It was just louder than a whisper with his amazing blue eyes drowning me. His lips curve upward a bit and he reaches out a hand to me.
"Please?" I take it and crawl out of the closet, sitting on my knees and toes in front of him. He smiles and plays with my fingers while I watch his face. His beautiful eyes, so focused, his lips, bottom one tugged into his mouth as he concentrates. His nose, just the perfect size. I slip my hand out of his and his head shoots up to give me a look of confusion. I put both my hands on either side of his face, gently moving my thumbs. His expression softens and he flutters his eyes closed.
"Geo," he whispers. I smile, continuing my actions. He slides his hands up to grip mine, opening his eyes slowly.
"Geo," he repeats.
"What?" He licks his lips and a smile gently tugs at his lips. He shakes his head slightly and sighs.
"You really are innocent, aren't you?"