Chapter 6: Reward Yourself

Didi was surprised to see Mike at his condo early morning. "Hi Mike! What brings you here? I'm leaving for training with Yue."

Mike smiled. "Didn't she tell you she's not feeling well today? She asked me to replace her instead. Its HIIT and swimming today."
"Oh, I thought she had gone out. Do you want to come in? I just want to check on her."
Mike nodded and walked in. Didi knocked on Yue's door, only opening when she mumbled 'come in.'

"Hey, Yue how are you? Did you catch a cold?" He asked wondering if her night runs had finally caught up with her. She was still under her comforter, half-asleep, looked up at him and forced a smile. "I'm okay Didi. My 'aunty' is here for visit."

"Oh, your aunty is coming. So shall I prepare lunch or dinner for her?" He asked. Suddenly, she laughed. She bid him to come closer with her finger. He leaned forward and she whispered in his ear "I m having my period."

"Oh....sorry I thought.....," his face was flushed and he looked embarrassed. Yue chuckled. "Why are you so shy? Your ex had it too." He scratched his head. "Yes but she never phrased it like that. She would just say 'I have that thing.' And then she would not meet me until it's over."

Yue tilted her head and smiled. "Don't worry, Didi. I will tell you what to do. Right now, I just need sleep. Why don't you finish your workout first?"

"Okay, I see you later."

As he was walking out, she called out to him. "Didi, sorry. Can you get me painkiller and the hot water bag after you finish? This month's 'aunty' is really fierce." She joked. Her face looked slightly pale. Didi nodded and was turning away when she called him again.

"And a tub of Haagen Daaz."

He looked confused. She smiled "That's for when I feel better. It makes me happy." She wriggled down back under her comforter.

Didi smiled and shut the door behind him.

"Is she okay? asked Mike. "Yes, she is okay. Her....erm..she said her 'aunty' is here." Didi said, a little shy. Mike nodded. "Ah then, she will need her chocolate mint ice-cream." Didi looked at him surprised. Mike even know how to manage her.....monthly condition. He was so eager to ask if they were dating. But his tongue got tied up. Why so busybody? he asked himself. Didn't you say coach is off limits? Yes but why?

_______________

When he came back, he guessed she must still be sleeping. He knocked her door softly and led himself in. Her mop of black hair was peeking from underneath the covers. He placed painkiller and a glass of water at her bedside table. He looked at the water bag and had no idea what she wanted to do with it so he left it on the side table as well. Then, he went to shower to get ready for his dance and acting class. These classes trained models to express emotions through face and eyes on the runway or photos. When he was about to leave the house, he checked on her once again.

Yue finally woke up a few hours later. Her cramps had subsided and she felt much better. She smiled when she saw the stuff Didi got her. Popping a painkiller and holding on the water bag on her tummy, she tumbled out of her bed to look for food. Since it was near lunch, she might as well eat a meal.

After that, she took out her organizing folder to review final arrangements for the retreat. Arxan, Mongolia! She was terribly excited about it as the place they would be going was featured on national TV. When she proposed this trip to Hsu-jie few months back, Hsu-jie was so excited that she decided she would tag along with F4 boys and bring their photographer to take some shots there as well. So, the guest list had expanded, including her housemates.