Chapter 1

A loud shrill from her phone woke Riko up. Toru was right, it did felt a little better after eating and taking aspirin. She made a mental note to thank Toru later if they ever meet again. Seeing the called id, she immediately answered the phone.

"Hell—"

"WHAT THE HELL! WHY DON'T YOU PICK THE PHONE, YOU WOMAN?"

"Ah! Too loud, too loud" Riko pulled her cellphone away from her ear and brought it closer again when she was sure the woman across wouldn't scream anymore.

"—you promise you'd tell me when you're not going home! I should've brought someone over you useless freak!"

"Yeah, sorry, Megumi."

"Where the hell were you anyway? You're okay, right?"

"I am. But—"

"What?"

"It's just—Megu-chan what will you do when you end up in someone's house and you don't even remember what happened last night?"

".... YOU WHAT?! Riko, meet me in our usual place in an hour"

The line was disconnected and Riko felt a strong urge to bang her head to the wall.

...

Wiggling her feet impatiently, Riko hissed when she saw Megumi came with her favorite latte in hand.

"You told me to wait in an hour and you're the one late, Megumi?! Unbelievable."

"Hehe, sorry Riko. Got distracted with something. But that's not the case right now. You look terrible, wow, what happened to you last night?"

Riko tapped her fingers and sighed, "I don't even know."

"Okay, wrong question. Where did you sleep?"

"You will not believe me when I told you this- Toru's apartment."

Megumi spurt her drinks and coughed heavily. Well, Riko's best friend did have a tendency to overreact, sometimes.

"Gross, Megumi!"

The called woman just shake her head and grabbed Riko's arms "that Toru?! Tell me the details."

"... I met One Ok Rock last night. I told you I was Toru's classmate back then, right? He took me to their table because I was alone. So we drank"

"And? You went home with Toru? I thought you like Tomoya,"

"That's the problem, Megu-chan. Tomoya is married already."

.

.

.

"WHAT?! No way! He didn't look like he's married when I met them two months ago!"

"You met them?! How can you not tell me?!"

"For work, Riko-chan. It was supposed to be a surprise. Our partnership with them is supposed to start next week."

"...still. You're hideous!"

"Eh, let's not focus on that. Tell me more."

"That's it. I remember ordering more beers but after that, I didn't remember anything. I woke up in Toru's apartment and—stop that look, we didn't do anything! My clothes were still on! Toru isn't a person like that, you know."

"Eh, sure. But you don't know how a man's brain works, right? And then?"

"The end. No memory left. I'm afraid I did something shameful last night after the accident with the boss and my mom's call yesterday—speaking of which you won't believe what my mother sent me earlier this week. Wait."