2p! Denmark + Reader

You and Markell were great friends, so you naturally had noticed when he'd started avoiding you about a week ago. Too bad for him, you weren't going to let him get away with it. Thus your current position behind the tree in his front yard. You were waiting for him to leave his house. No, you were not at all being creepy. Just concerned about a friend.

After about thirty minutes of standing there watching, you perked up at the sound of Markell's front door opening. A moment later, your friend and (secretly) crush walked past your hiding spot, headed for the sidewalk. He was carrying a trash bag, presumably intent on carrying it to the dumpster. You sneaked onto his porch and stood in front of his front door, hands on your hips. After dealing with his trash, he turned around and got about halfway back up his front walk before spotting you. He stopped.

"Hello, (Y/N)," he muttered, not meeting your gaze.

"Oh, so you try to vanish from my life for a whole dang week, and all you can say is hello?" you demanded.

He bit his lip. "I'm sorry, I just-"

You walked up to him, rolling your eyes and grinning. "You just suck at confrontation," you concluded. "Remember last year? You tried avoiding me just because you didn't want to tell me that you didn't like the way I make my cheese puffs."

He blushed.

You put your hands back on your hips. "So what have you been not wanting to say this time?" you asked. "Does my new shampoo smell funny, or something?"

"No, nothing like that." He took a step back and eyed you warily. "What would you do if I told you that I might possibly be in love with you?"

You stared at him, then smirked. "Well, I suppose I might possibly tell you that I'm in love with you, too," you said, batting your eyelashes at him innocently. "And if I said that, what would you do?"

He wrapped him arms around you, smiling slightly. "Maybe this?"

"Maybe, but I was looking for something a bit better," you teased. "Try again."

He kissed you, and you were quick to return the gesture.