Epilogue

Olivia took a deep breath. She heard her music cue and started her walk down the long aisle to the altar. Her heart was racing and she tried to keep her pace steady. Not too fast, not too slow, she remembered being told. As she got closer to the altar, she could spot Gabe standing up front, looking at her smiling, and the person whose smile was even bigger than Gabe's as he watched her approach the altar. When Olivia made it to the front, she looked at Josh and gave him a wink, as she took her spot next to Lisa.

As the very familiar wedding march started to play, the whole room stood up and from the double doors emerged Gabe's bride, looking as graceful and as elegant as ever. She looked over to her left and noticed Josh handing Gabe his handkerchief, fulfilling his best man duties. When Monique approached the altar, Olivia grabbed her bouquet, and the priest started the ceremony.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today for the union of Gabriel David and Monique Elizabeth..."

"...and I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

From where Olivia was standing, she caught a glimpse of how big the grin was on Gabe's face and how he wagged his eyebrows at Monique. Even from behind, Olivia could tell Monique was laughing. When the two leaned in to share their first kiss as husband and wife, all of their friends and family stood up and started clapping for the newlywed couple. Monique and Gabe gave each other a hug after their kiss and clasped their hands together and raised them above their heads as they turned to face all of their loved ones who continued to applaud.

At the sound of the processional, Gabe and Monique started to walk down the aisle hand in hand. After a few moments, Olivia and Josh met in the middle and hooked their arms together and started to follow Gabe and Monique down the aisle.

"Good job, best man," Olivia spoke to Josh as they walked.

"Not too bad yourself, maid of honour," Josh replied. "Just think, one day this is going to be us."

Olivia slapped Josh's arm. "Not funny."

"Wanna see something funny?" Josh asked.

"What?"

Josh turned his head to look behind him and Olivia did the same. There they saw Lisa awkwardly walking down the aisle by herself, forcing a smile. Josh laughed, and Olivia noticed Lisa glare at him.

"Josh, don't laugh!" Olivia urged as they made their way through the double doors at the back of the church.

Josh led Olivia off to the side when they made it into the church foyer. "I seriously think Gabe did that on purpose."

"What?"

"Give her that best-of-honour title."

"Hey, I came up with the name! And it seemed to make sense at the time. Monique wanted her to be the maid of honour, but Gabe wanted his sister to be a best man of some sorts, so why not just combine it into one?" Olivia justified.

"The least you guys could've done was find her someone to walk down the aisle with!" Josh chuckled as they continued to watch Lisa walk alone down the aisle.

Olivia could tell that Lisa was dreading her situation and was quickening her pace. "Yeah... kinda messed up there."

It was nearing midnight and the only ones left in the reception hall were Olivia, Josh, Lisa, Gabe, and Monique. Their respective parents and relatives had already left, the band was already starting to pack up, and the staff were clearing all of the tables.

"Do you guys wanna hangout in our room?" Monique asked as they walked out of the hall into the hotel's foyer.

"Uh... you guys just got married. Aren't you supposed to... y'know... honeymoon?" Lisa asked.