⭐chapter four⭐

taehyun had never thought of anything in his life beautiful. the way dark city works, his mom, his life that soon will be taken away, the GRAYs and everything he is. the way that he is alone, he was at the library and it was dark. there was never a light in his world and he dont deserve it.

his fingers touched a book and he picked it up, compare to what kai brings in their wormhole, there are no excitement in everything he have and he haven't given kai anything back.

"have some popping candy!" of course they're in the wormhole again. kai had brought popping candy and taehyun looked at them.

"what are those?" he ask though he opened his hand, accepting and kai pours out candy rocks on his palm.

"it pops when its on your tongue," then kai puts some on his own before putting them on his mouth that taehyun mimics looking at him before putting the rocks on his mouth, stays on his tongue then it pops.

"can you hear them? like little fireworks inside of you,"

"explosive, colorful and a bit painful." he explains to kai who's paying attention to him with his mouth open to have the 'popping' sound. taehyun continuous, "had more feeling and taste on to it than my first kiss, not gonna lie."

"so kisses taste sweet?" taehyun nods at him. kai smiles and looks down on to his palm with the candy rocks, "i want to be like a firework."

"what a weird dream job you want to have," taehyun joked but kai is silent, serious and somehow it turned him worried.

"i dont know... im like invincible. my parents dont see me not even worried when i dont go home, now that they're divorcing and will have a new family.. what will happen to me?"

it was the first time kai talked about deeper things, light city people are known to have emotions, known to always let their feelings out and speak themselves but taehyun doesn't want to think of that, he wants to know what to say to kai or to make those frown disappear.

kai hugged his knees, "fireworks are so bright on the sky like big and colorful and people look up at them.. people adore them," taehyun felt his bracelet tightened so he held it and took it away, he scooted closer to kai before taking his hand and put it there. 

kai looked at him with confusion and taehyun just smiles at him, hands reach to ruffle his hair "there.. its uh, its the dark bracelet they tightened whenever we from dark city feel things because we're not supposed to but..." taehyun scratch his nape looking away "i want you to feel that it works around you,"

kai was blushing red and held his hand tightly, he smiles so brightly "thank you taehyun,"

"so... do you like astrology?" taehyun suddenly asks with own blush and his heart beating but this time, he doesn't want to push it away. he took out a book of astrology from his bag and kai seems to be excited.

"i like supernova and stuff, lets read!"

taehyun was listening to kai read the book excitedly and he started to feel sleepy, kai puts his head on his shoulder and started to look at the pictures on the book full of stars and their hands still intertwined. "thank you for the bracelet taehyun it means a lot..."

"i never knew someone like you would feel such thing," taehyun talks quietly eyes drooping. "you are able to feel sadness and let it out, explode it like the firework you want to be,"

kai whispers "i'll talk to my parents.. thank you taehyun." taehyun felt his heart beating still and he closes his eyes "take a nap my star, i'll wake you up later..."

when taehyun woke up they're already back at the GRAY's the first thing he did was to look for kai who thankfully is next to him. "i carried you here.. we were almost late coz i also fell asleep."

"you should've woke me up,"

"you were too cute though!" kai smiles and taehyun doesn't know why but something just about it became so so beautiful. kai always look shining but there's just something like a weight has been off of taehyun that he could just pull kai right now close and kiss him.

but the door opened and the advisors came in, the advisors were holding hand and taehyun blushed at that, "did you guys finished your paper?" taehyun and kai looked at each other cause they forgot but thankfully "tomorrow is special day to confess so you guys can pass it on that day." and they left the GRAYs.

it was never a rule to always wear your symbol. taehyun stopped caring ever since that no one cared anyway, he got home and their house is empty and dark as always but once he entered the room somethings on his chest was telling him to look at the stars.

but dark city never had any stars,
he stood on his window and looked up to expect an empty sky but there is one star that appeared.
suddenly he felt his chest beating and he looked at himself to see kai's necklace on them.

it has light inside and taehyun couldn't help but smile. maybe taehyun put it on him while he was asleep, there's a little rolled on paper too and he took it out and reads.

'bring brightness with you by your smile star⭐' taehyun never had anything bright or beautiful in his life until kai came.

he held the necklace on his hold and press them on his lips, like a kiss he always want to give kai.
he stared at the sky, the star almost telling him not to leave.

but there's something he always been planning that once the darkness left him, he'd finally be able to do...

"lets runaway together."