Author's Note

First things first, thank you for picking this up and deciding to read it. It means a lot to know that people appreciate my stories and actually like them.

Okay, now I want to say that this is a Sword/Shield short story.

This story follows the journey of newly-appointed Gym Leader Bea and her trip to Kanto with her brother.

I started to write this story a month before the games came out, and as people leaked more information (yes, I was one of those who saw the leaks), I began to edit and change some things.

And only a few days before the games came out, people released some more information that goes completely against what I have written here in this story.

In the SwSh canon world, Bea is a girl who is a Fighting-Type prodigy. She hardly ever smiles, and is extremely serious.

In this story, she's the complete opposite: she loves to have fun and all that. Also she has an older brother.

And then the Gym Leaders were leaked, including a Dark-Type leader named Piers.

Looking at the original picture of Piers, he actually looked really cool! I really liked him and his design.

But, uh, that was before someone went and showed him in a battle— a day before the games' release. I didn't like him at all.

Anyway, I already have everything written, and I am in no mood to go and rewrite everything. So, I'm sorry if this annoys anyone.

Maybe in the future I'll edit some of the minor details so that it's factually correct, but for now, I'm just going to leave it as it is.

For now, I'm just going to say that this takes place in an alternate reality, where Bea is happy and has a brother; where Piers is actually cool; where Allister and Bea are friends.

I think that's all I have to say, other than that this happens a few years before the SwSh games.

Again, thank you for picking this up and reading it!

•••••

Update: February 20, 2020-
Okay, so just please don't think too much if Piers. Like I said earlier, when I was writing this, I only saw his regular League Card, so he looked about the same age as everyone else.

So yeah, please don't judge me or anything

So yeah, please don't judge me or anything. I really want to rewrite this, and when I do, I'll just take out the scenes with him.