Chapter 3 - Day Number One

The chandelier hanging above the long mahogany dining table greatly outdid any one I've seen before. It was stunning, and it will never fail to impress. On the table's surface, empty plates and cutlery lay dirty and discarded from the large breakfast everybody had just finished enjoying. Crab and Ant made themselves busy, packing up the mess.

"What's the plan for today?" Piper asked, completely revived from her little episode last night.

"My sister's are coming over so they can unlock the activity shed," Crab told Piper from the sink.

"Your sisters? The triplets?" I asked.

"Yeah," Crab turned away from the sink to collect more plates off of Ant and smiled at me. "So, everybody should go get into their swimmers," Crab smirked mischievously to the table.

"Why?" Susan asked, confused.

"Just do it," Crab teased.

Everybody stood up and raced off to their rooms, leaving me to wipe down the table. I picked up a cloth from the kitchen and began wiping down the wooden surface.

"Leave it Leila, go get ready," Ant urged me.

"No way, the newlyweds shouldn't be doing all the work," I smiled, continuing to wipe.

"Lei-la!" Ant drew out my name in a whine.

"Let me help!" I argued.

"No," Ant came to my side and took the cloth from my hand.

"Hey!" I yelled, grabbing at the cloth.

"Go get dressed," Ant demanded.

"Fine, I will," I started. Ant lowered the cloth, satisfied. "As soon as I finish the table," I snatched the cloth and ran around the table, out of Ant's reach, and finished off the last part of the table.

"You little shit!" Ant laughed, rushing after me. I threw the cloth at her and ran to hide behind Crab. Ant side-stepped Crab and grabbed me, rubbing the top of my head really hard as a punishment.

"Ow! Stop it!" I complained, struggling against Ant's tight grip around my waist.

"Go get ready," Ant whispered in my ear before shoving me away. I turned around and stuck my tongue out before racing out of the house.

I jumped over rocks and ran happily back to the cabin. The door was ajar, so I slipped in the gap and found my black bikini drying over the end board of my bed. I felt it, and it was still a bit damp, so I decided to put it on and get in the shower to warm it up. The shower was running behind the closed bathroom door, so I quickly slipped out of my lazy attire and tugged on my bikini. I pulled my hair out from its messy bun and let it drape down my back in messy tangles. The water stopped and I heard Chris clamour about before emerging in black boxers, a black singlet and dripping wet hair. I slipped past him and turned on the hot water, letting it run over me for a second before turning it back off and grabbing my towel. I wrapped myself snugly in my towel and started outside.

We all stood in a big huddle at the beginning of the pier, watching three small girls position the last canoe along the bank, the tips only barely grazing the top of the waters surface.

"Alright, split into six groups of three," Harley demanded with authority. Despite barely being sixteen, and barely looking ten, she was awfully bossy. Ant and Crab grabbed each other, and Ant grabbed Renee, pulling her into their huddle. Nick and Phillip, the groomsmen, grabbed each other, and Nick grasped Rose's waist, pulling her towards him amorously. Chris, Ryan and Balz joined another group, whilst Susan and Michael stayed together with Phillip's wife, leaving Aisling, Piper and I. I slung my arms around their shoulders and squeezed them, and Delilah began handing out oars as Harley barked instructions. Harley had a blue bikini with green polka dots and frills lining each bit. It matched her quirky hair, which was split down the middle, left side blue, right side green. Each sister seemed to have their own colour theme. Delilah, who had just handed me an oar, had left side blonde, right side orange, whilst Tahlia, the sister testing the slide off for the canoes, had left half pink, left half red hair. They all had the same bikini with their individual colour schemes.