Touchy Subjects

(Nathan's POV)

        After an hour we finally arrived at the little flat on a beach and had gotten settled in. I was so worried that they'd screw something up but so far everything looks quite charming. It has a warm, cozy living room and kitchenette/bar. There are three rooms; the master, the music room, and the gym/spa. Everything seems perfect for a couple's getaway. Though we're not a couple by any means, yet. Jay and I lie down on our bed.

        "Thank you so very much. This is the best thing ever." Jay says in a soothing monotone anyone would fall asleep to. "Anything for the man who saved me from who knows what." I braid Jay's long, curly hair. "C'mon Nathy, we all know 'what', don't pretend you don't." Jay snapped. My throat began to burn as tears threatened to fall. "Maybe I want to pretend! Do you have any idea how t feels to know you're not strong enough to fight your own fight. I almost got raped by a fucking girl! But no, you have no freaking idea how it feels! You could have easily thrown her a-around all d-day! Y'know w-what? I-I'm go-oing ou-out f-for a *hiccup* a bi-it," I sob hysterically.

        I hate myself for being so weak. Jay needs someone to protect him, he's always protecting someone else. No one sees it, well he thinks no one sees it.

        I walked out the flat and ran, I needed to clear my mind while I think, ironic isn't it? I begin to lose my self with each step I take.

        Why does Jay have to say those sort of things? I knew he would ruin things again, why couldn't he just keep his damn mouth shut. If he wouldn't have opened his mouth in the first place I wouldn't be a fag. Wait, no I'm not bent, I just love him as a best mate. Well, I do like his kisses. And holding him, and his voice. No, just shut up you fag! God, why do I even bother with Jay! I continue to argue with myself until I black out