Chapter Six

Me and Levi woke up to my alarm going off at 6:00 and we both dressed in some clean clothes after showering. We walked downstairs to see Mikasa sitting at the table with Annie, her SoulMate. We smiled at each other, and we all walked out to my car. The girls tossed their suitcases into the trunk with mine and Levi’s bags before settling into the backseat. Me and Levi sat in front with our hands intertwined, and I drove us the twenty-something minutes to Shiganshina Airport.

When we arrived we all piled out and grabbed our bags. I carried Levi’s luggage and helped him walk on his sore ankle as we made our way slowly through the front gate of the entrance. We made it to the security and baggage drop-off lines and we were relieved to see it not as long as we expected it to be. We continued down the line and dropped our bags off when we were finally up front.

The security checked our persons and cleared us to move along. We did so and waited patiently in the waiting area for boarding. We explored the shops until we found an iHop and we went inside, sitting at a table and ordering breakfast. I drank some blood (A) from a McDonalds to-go cup and Mikasa did as well; Levi ordered pancakes with extra strawberries and whipped cream with bacon, sausage, and fried eggs on the side with a cup of strong black coffee; Annie ordered pancakes with blueberries and whipped cream and chocolate chips with a side of turkey bacon and eggs over easy.

They brought them their meals, and the blonde and raven ate as quickly as they could without making them sick or choking. They finished their warm beverages just as our plane landed and they called for boarding.

Boarding flight 104 to Berlin, Germany. Everyone file carefully on the plane. Boarding flight 104 to Berlin, Germany. Everyone file carefully on the plane. Boarding flight 104 to-

The flight attendant repeated the lines twice more before signing off and passengers started lining up to get to their sears. Me, Levi, Mikasa, and Annie all joined after tossing the cups and leaving the money and tips on the table.

Me and Levi sat beside each other and Mikasa and Annie were across from us so we were happy that we weren’t separated. I put mine and Levi’s travel bags with my computer and our phones as well as a pair of earphones. Levi got a little skittish when the plane finally started to move and I placed my hand in his and squeezed gently in comfort.

“It will be alright. We won’t crash. I promise. I won’t let anything happen to you, okay? The moment I see that the plane is going down, I will grab the parachutes and us four will get out of here safely. You three are my top priority. I can’t lose you guys. I won’t let you get hurt. Just remember that, okay?”

“Okay. Thanks Eren. I love you.” He whispered under his breath as he leaned his head against my shoulder.

“Don't fall asleep. You will get jet-lag from that. How about I get my laptop, and we can watch movies or play a game until we land?” Levi nodded and moved his head so I could grab my bag. “Okay! What do you want to watch?”

I let Levi scroll through the movies downloaded on my hard-drive, and he finally settled for “Fifty Shades of Gray”. I smiled as he blushed, and he turned his head away from me. “My mom won’t let me watch it at home until I turn eighteen, and I am almost eighteen so I think it should be fine. Plus, I really want to watch the entire series.” he whispered shyly.

I chuckled. “I won’t tell your mom. If you want to watch it, we’ll watch it, it’s your choice, after all, Levi.” To show him I didn’t mind the movie choice, I gripped his hand tighter and kissed him on the lips lightly as reassurance.

I started the movie and handed Levi an earpiece to put in his ear. He wiped it off before sliding it in his ear, humming softly as he leaned into my shoulder and kissed my cheek before settling his head on my chest and curling into me as best he could, dark blue eyes on the screen as the intro started. He started to sing along to “Crazy In Love,'' the intro theme song, and I became entranced by his smooth voice.

It stopped when the movie started, and I looked back at the film as it started. We watched through the first thirty minutes before the plane jolted, and Levi panicked and instantly attached to me. “We’re not crashing, are we?”

“No, Lee. We are not crashing. It’s just a bit of turbulence. It happens all the time. Nothing is gonna happen to us. Stay calm and focus on the movie.”

I rubbed his back, and his breathing finally evened out. I sighed when he finally breathed out, and his shoulders relaxed as he finally stopped tensing up.

I rubbed circles on the small of his back and the inside of his wrist. I settled back into my seat, and Levi relaxed in my arms, and we both continued watching the movie.

About two hours and 15 minutes later, the end credits stopped rolling, and Levi was jumping for me to put the second one on. I scrolled until I found “Fifty Shades Darker”, and I started it after an attendant stopped by and gave us some snacks and soda. I handed Levi my food and let him have my drink when he finished his while we were half-way through the movie. Two hours went by, and we had finally landed in Berlin Airports.

I shut the laptop and put it away, grabbing our bags and half-carrying Levi off the plane as we followed Mikasa and Annie. We made it to Bag-Pickup and grabbed our luggage. I rented a car and had Mikasa and Annie keep an eye on Levi and our bags as I went to pick it up. I drove around and stopped at the front gates, honking the horn once, twice, to let the three know I was here. They came up, and I helped Levi into the front seat before throwing everyone’s baggage into the trunk and slamming it closed. I hopped back into the driver’s seat and set it to drive before I pulled out and drove to the most familiar place I knew: my home.

Mikasa gasped lightly when we arrived. I turned to see tears flooding her grey eyes. “It’s still standing?” She asked silently, hand placed over her trembling lips.

“Yeah, every year I came here to pay bills and cleaned the place thoroughly. I also visited mom and dad’s graves.” I saw Mikasa’s face dim with guilt and grief, and I motioned for Annie to comfort her.

I carried Levi into the house and set him in the living on the ‘L’ shaped couch before I walked back out and retrieved our luggage. I walked back inside and up the curved stairs to the Master Suite where me and Levi would be sleeping, which had also been my parents bedroom. A painting of them hung over the bed, and I smiled sadly at the still shot of their smiling faces as they had their arms wrapped around one another, the woman glowing as she had a slender hand placed over her protruding abdomen. I knew this was when they were expecting me. It always made me smile when I saw this painting. I dusted it with care each year, making sure not a speck of dust dirtied it.

I set the bags down and grabbed the duster from the housecleaning closet down the hall, carrying it back to the bedroom so I could clean it. I wiped it down softly, feathers brushing over smooth glass.

I finished and put the supplies away before I went downstairs and retrieved the raven from the entertainment room. I carried him bridal-style up the stairs and smiled happily when he yawned and laid his head and hand on my chest before closing his eyes. “I love you, Eren,” he whispered silently.

I kissed his forehead and murmured in his ear, “Je t'aime aussi, mon petit compagnon.” He smiled in his half-asleep state.

I walked into the bedroom and laid him under the heavy red and purple covers, stuffing the blanket under his chin to keep him warm after I removed his purple and black Converse Asphalt High Top Sneakers.

I removed my own red and black Converse High Tops and slid in behind him after I closed the curtains to hide the bright sun so we could get back the sleep we lost without the interruption of the bright sun keeping us up.

I waited until he was asleep, his breathing slow and even, before I closed my eyes, curled my arms protectively around the smaller male, and surrendered to the darkness. My dreams were not nightmares; however, like they usually were when I slept in this house. Instead they were filled with a certain ravenette, a petite blonde, a small raven male, and a glaring blond female.

——❣——
1569 words

~Levi Jäger