Ch.1

"Sarah", my mom called,"Stop writing and come down stairs. I have big news." This normally happens, I thought. She has big news about some little thing. So I closed my writing/drawing moleskin notebook and walked down the stairs into the kitchen where she was sitting. She had a huge like out of this world smile on her face. I am gonna guess this has something to do with college. Since I'm a junior who does dual enrollment my mom has never paid more attention to me.

"Now I know I've said this millions of times before, but have you even considered what you want to do with you life other than spend it with that piece of garbage", she says motioning toward the notebook. It makes sense that she despises that thing I spend all my time in it.

I reply saying," Haven't really even thought about what my life even means to me lead alone the people around me".

She replys with a grunt like normal. I really though honestly hope one day she'll see me for me and nothing else. I know though that's never gonna happen. That's what scares me.

"Well I have been on thinking you should become a doctor. They make a lot of money", my mom continued.

"Mom I don't want to go to school for eight years just to be rich", I say. I go upstairs...

I don't want to just go to school for eight years and never study or drink alcohol. Not that I drink on a day to day basis. Actually I have straight A's and I've never been to a party or had a sip of alcohol. But I just want to live a little, I think, I just want to live a little before I die. Know that 1. I really want to impact others before I die and 2. I really don't want to think about it but I do and that's the word dying and what it means to us and really what happens after we die. Does our legacy die with us or does it not?

So I begin to write my first short story. Thinking about all of the world and all its wonder.