Chapter 1- Gotta Be A Better Way

"I ain't the only person feel like I feel, that done lived like I lived and wanna chill, forreal..."
_Field Mob "Project Dreamz"

Kema

"These Bitches done lost they mind." I searched my Dooney and Burke bag furiously.

Everybody knew not to mess with my shit. Don't ask for my shit let alone touch my shit! I ain't friendly.

The night before coming to the club I had just bought a new charger. I forgot to put it up before leaving the dressing room.

Anyways nobody had any business fucking with it. I couldn't keep up with a charger to save my life and I liked my new one.

"I dare a Bitch to get brave enough to swipe some shit that belongs to me again." I flip my 22 inch. Peruvian hair behind my back. The dressing room became silent.

Everyone sat with blank looks accept Dimples. I dared anybody to get cute.

"You so extra, just buy another charger fool." Dimples exclaimed and threw me her orange charger.

"No Bitch, I want mines." I threw it back and scrunched my nose.

"Fine then Thot." She shot back.

"Its the principality of it." I said, shaking my head.

Me and Dimples had been cool since diaper days even though I had been stripping longer. I taught her everything she knows.

She was my day 1, my rida, and left hand. I would kill about 3 things; my baby Tiana, Dimples, and my cash.

I was 31 and didn't look a day over 21. I stood five foot six inches with beautiful skin and a beautiful phat ass to top it. Stripping has its pros and cons. It's all about who you know.

If you timid they will eat you alive. I ain't never had a problem with being timid.

The lifestyle wasn't for everybody. I listen to all these young girls talk about how bad they want to shake their ass and make quick cash.

Yeah, it's more to the game and it's easy to get caught up in other b.s. and lose focus on what's important, getting paid.

I went from being broke, country, and naïve to being the head stripper in charge. Everybody was paying big bucks to see 'KEMA' yes Kema.

As a child and teenager I didn't have shit. I didn't want to live like that for the rest of my life if I could help it.

I got pregnant at the tender age of fifteen. I always looked older than my age. I had met my twenty-one year old baby's daddy, Mond.

In the beginning he was everything I wanted. He had it all. Well that's what his bum ass made it seem like.

To make the long story short, he promised a whole bus load of b.s. and all I got was a wet ass.

I'm not gone say Tiana was B.S. because she wasnt. I just wish that I would've had her by a real man not a Bitch made fucker.

It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't. She's here and I never faulted her for my wrong doings.

In the heat of of raising a new born I had to deal with my mama's stupid drunk ass. I had to get out some type of way.

Mond was the only way. He had a car, house, and a good bit of cash. I had a child. I couldn't take care of a grown ass woman and baby.

Plus I couldn't keep Tiana around that b.s.. Living with Mond was hell too.

It ain't fun living with a niggah that's paying all of the bills. That make you feel as if you need them and they can do what the hell ever.

That didn't fly well with me. He messed around with the neighborhood thots.

He gave me money to shut the hell up and that's exactly what I did.

I shut the hell up and did the same thing he was doing.

I was just smarter than he thought I was. Every penny he gave me was saved and I used my pussy as collateral.

There wasn't shit a nigga could get from me for free. I'm truthful about my shit. A friend of mines told me about this club outside of Atlanta that was looking for dancers. I had the money to leave.

Soon as I heard about it I waited good until he left for the streets. I left without a trace by the time he found out where I was Tiana was in head start.

Money was great and I loved the thrill and attention. Mond's trifling ass was somebody else's problem.

All that mattered was my baby girl and I being straight. She was now fifteen and I was still doing a damn good job at hiding my profession.

I threw all of my personal belongs into my Dooney and Burke bag. I looked at the screen of my phone. It read 4:45 A.M.

I rolled my eyes and slipped my aching feet into some Prada slippers.

My job wasn't all that hard. I had made more than enough money within the last twelve years.

Stripping wasn't my only way of bringing in revenue. I had a million get rich quick schemes.

I had left the petty theft alone a long time ago. I always had this dream of becoming the black godmother.

Stripping was getting old. Much as I loved shaking my ass, I wasn't hurting for shit. I just wanted more. I used to move a couple of bricks for Meek.

Meek was the club owner. Fucking him made my job easier. He was 5'8 pecan brown.

He resembled the rapper Nelly, grill and all. Thinking about his ass made my red lace panties moist. Interrupting my train of thought, my phone began to ring.

The sound of Rich Gang's , "Tell em" echoed through the half empty dressing room. Dimples had already left.

" Yeah." I answered sounding tired and annoyed. It was Meek. He had left the club earlier that night.

"I got some business for you to handle tomorrow, Kema. Go to the trap tomorrow and pick it up."

"Already." I ended the call. I could use 5 extra stacks. I thought to myself. I had been scoping this bad ass bag in Dillard's.

I drove down the Interstate to my house in silence. It was much needed.

Soon as I got home I showered. When I was finished I dried my body and slid into my California king bed butt naked. I relaxed my head on my satin pillow. It was a plus because I didn't have to tie my hair.

I slept alone. I liked it this way. I pulled my lit blunt. Tiana was good and sleep so I didn't go fucking with her. I put my blunt out in my red glass ash tray and before I knew it I was dead to the world.