Chapter 1

A/N
This is the first fic we've wrote together
We don't really know wtf we are doing and we can barely post because we are in rehab for mental health, but anyways, hope you like palletshipping

Ash Ketchum
Walking into the viridian city gym, I feel a flutter of nervousness in my stomach. Like a bunch of butterfrees are let loose in there. I decide to walk around and look for the leader.

"Hey there Ashy boy" I hear a voice sneer from behind me. I turn on my heel and holy shit, my last gym badge is gonna come from this guy? Gary fucking oak.
A bead of sweat collects at my temple. "What's a little boy like you from pallet town doing here in viridian city" scoffs Gary. I clear my throat. "I could say the same for you, Gary". He stands proudly, tossing one of his pokéballs into the air and then catching it repeatedly. "Actually Ketchum, I am the new viridian city gym leader. Right ladies?"  I look up to the stands in time to see girls screeching his name. I roll my eyes. "You think you're so great don't you Gary?" At that, he smirks. "Of course I think so, because I know I am. You're probably mad that you're just a little boy with a lame pikachu compared to me". Pikachu gets offended. "Pika pika!" He squeaks. "Look Gary, I'm not here to pick a fight with you". I reply calmly. To be honest I would love to pick a fight with him since we've been rivals since we were little kids. But picking a fight with him, the gym leader won't get me my gym badge.
"Hmmm then let me guess..." he pretends to ponder. "Oh, I know! You're here to challenger for a gym badge aren't you?" He says letting umbreon out of his pokéball.