My Choice, My Destiny

Mephiles tackled Omega and ran to Exe. He had been shot in the head by Shadow. All he could do was hold his lifeless boyfriend in his arms.

"My love…. Speak to me…. I'm sorry ..." Mephiles said as tears began to form. For once in his life, he found beauty in this world. Only for it to be taken from him. He now understood why he wanted to destroy this world in the first place. He turned to face Shadow.

"You….." Mephiles said. "You will pay for this…."

Elise suddenly runs into the scene. She's one chapter late.

"MEPHILES! EXE! YOU'RE IN DAN-" she stopped when she saw the scene in front of her. Exe dead, Shadow with a gun, and Mephiles in tears.

"Oh no… I'm too late…." Elise said. Mephiles clenched his fist, tears streaming down his face. Elise had never seen Mephiles cried. Not even when they watch a really sad movie.

"Elise…. Go back to the castle ..." Mephiles said starting to float in the air.

"This is personal….."

Suddenly the ground begins to shake. Everyone looked around for the source but found nothing. Suddenly a red light emerged from the sky consuming anything it touched.

"Let's get outta here!" Shadow said. He tried to run away but the light only got bigger and brighter.

Mephiles fell to the ground and Elise went to see if he's okay. The two of them plus the dead body were the first to be consumed by the light.

The area was black. Everywhere you looked was pitched back. Except there was a red circle on the ground and three people were chained to the floor. A tall being stood before them.

Elise and Mephiles had opened their eyes to see a somehow revived Exe standing behind them as he faced the figure.

"So you've finally figured it out" the figure said. "Your past. All those people you killed. Everything. Isn't this what you wanted after all?"

"I did" Exe said "but I don't want that anymore. I want to save those people. I wanna start a new life. I've learned that life can be revised." Exe turned to face Elise and Mephiles.

"And I want to revise it with the people I love"

"My love…" Mephiles began. Suddenly the two were electrocuted, both of them screamed in pain.

"What are you doing to them?!" Exe yelled.

"Who cares about them?" The figure said. "You've got your life together. You've found out your past. Now you can go back home and leave these two idiots to fend for themselves" He summoned a pointy icicle and aimed it at Elise's face

"And I've heard the princess has the source of the apocalypse inside her"

"Stay away from her!" Exe yelled.

"Why don't we make a deal?" The figure said "You come back your world, leave these two behind, and continue following my orders. Or else I'll kill the both of them. I can surely use Iblis to destroy everything you've come to love"

Exe was shocked. He doesn't want to go back to his past but he doesn't want to see his friend and boyfriend die. Decisions decisions.

"My love, it's okay….." Mephiles said. Exe felt the tears run down his face.

"Mephiles….." Exe began. Mephiles gave his boyfriend a reassuring look, tears coming down his face. Exe turned to face the figure, holding back tears.

"I choose……"