➵ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 (𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝) 𝐈

Part one

One week ago

It was a quiet day in the Tower. Everyone was relaxing at the rare time of peace they had. The city of New York was even calmer than the tower. The average New York crimes still happened but nothing galactically major for the Avengers to step in unless they were out and saw the crime themselves or were assigned to it.

Everyone was doing their own thing in the Tower. Thor was somewhere in the Tower, Clint and Natasha were with Y/n in the kitchen, Steve and Bucky were possibly on a walk around Brooklyn and the Science bros were strangely apart, but everyone knew where Bruce hid.

Loki was in the living room reading a book he found in Stark's library. His rare sighting in the living room was recorded by Clint on his phone, as he did his best geographic voice actor impression on 'one of the rarest sightings in the Tower's history,' to which Nat and Y/n rolled their eyes at Clint's antics but were amused. Loki, however, was not.

But it was a peaceful time.

No alien invasions, no giant galactic threats and no pranks. Especially no pranks, to which all the Avengers were silently thanking for.

It was everything the Avengers could want.

All but one.

Tony Stark was bored. Bored out of his mind. The projects in the lab were finished and he didn't know what to do. He had already had a drinking binge, he already argued with one of the Avengers, he's already been thrown out the window (countless times in one day) and he's already improved his cars and robots.

Then it struck him. An epiphany so to speak.

He needed to party. So one day he went to whatever party he could find and burst into almost all of them, wherever a party had been announced, hoping for a thrill. Stark was disappointed. Severely. He even went to those charity balls he barely attended just in case he was missing out on something fun. He wasn't amazed that they were not to his liking.

With Tony out of the Tower, however, the Avengers were very happy that they didn't need to deal with his doldrums and let the nation handle him. The peace without Tony only lasted so long.

Everyone was in the living room chatting with one another or doing their own thing when Tony burst in grumbling about 'worthless parties'. No one paid mind. Then Tony went on a tangent.

"The parties I went to were horrible, no they were terrible, no scratch that, they were pitiful. I cannot believe those people called them parties, I mean a senior bingo game would be more fun than those events I went to," Tony complained pacing up and down.

Bruce spoke up, "What about our new pet project? That should get your mind off boredom for a while," Bruce suggested.

Tony creased his brows before he spoke again, "You mean Project MCSOA?" Bruce nodded.

"Tried. Got thrown out of a window," Bruce nodded foreseeing that outcome, turning to Loki who had a small smirk on his face as he reminisced. Then Tony continued his tangent causing everyone to groan in annoyance and Bruce to sigh.

Tony ignored them, "I can probably create the biggest most amazing party in New York City, no scratch that, the biggest most amazing party in the world and I'm being humble here," Tony added.