Different yet familiar

Jac moved next to the bath and started slowly washing his back.
"You smell like a Disney princess" she commented
"I don't feel much like a Disney princess when you're doing that "
He opened his eyes and looked deep into hers. He stopped her hand from moving and held her wrist.
"Jac promise me this isn't just a "we're stranded away from anyone who knows us" thing"
"Well I guess you'll have to find a way of persuading me it's not"
He raised an eyebrow "Challenge accepted Ms Naylor. Now are you getting in here with me or not?"
"Not. I'll see you down stairs when you're done" she kissed him very briefly on the lips and left the room smiling
Downstairs Jack was playing with Tilly and Beth was chopping vegetables for soup.
"Hi. Still snowing and blowing a gale I see" Jac commented "do you need a hand"
"What happened? You've been up there ages" Beth whispered
"We talked"
"And?" Beth asked impatiently
"And I scrubbed his back" Jac smirked
"Argh you're killing me Jac. Did you tell him how you feel?"
"I did. We talked about.... well everything I told you this morning"
"Did it work out then?"
Jac blushed "I think so yeah"
"Yay" whispered Beth
"We still have stuff to sort out.I mean the past 24 hours could hardly be classed as normal life so we need to work our how this is going to work when we go back"
"I think it's going to be just fine" Fletch said coming up behind her and placing his arms around her and kissing the top of her head
"You scared me half to death creeping up on me like that Fletcher" Jac said laughing
"Yeah sorry. Not sorry" he said squeezing her until she squealed "let me go"
Jac wriggled out of his clutches and set about helping Beth. Fletch meanwhile offered himself up as a horse for Tilly
"It's like a happy cosy bubble here" Jac sighed "How long do you think it will be before I can get my car towed?"
"Well last winter we were cut off for two weeks but I think the forecast is better from tomorrow so maybe then"
"Ok. Still can't thank you enough for this"
"It's no bother honestly. We don't get too many visitors up here. It's been nice"
They played board games and chatted all day and all evening until eventually Jack took Tilly up for bath and bed, and Beth, who could hardly keep her eyes open, yawned and announced she was turning in. Giving instructions to keep the fire down and put the fire guard up when they went to bed. She couldn't resist a little wink in their direction.
Grinning Fletch joined Jac on the small sofa next to the fire
"Hi" he said flopping down next to her
"Hi" she grinned
"Alone at last"
"Cheesy line Fletcher" she laughed
He took her hand and kissed her palm.
"I was saying to Beth earlier that we're in a happy cosy bubble here. Couldn't be more removed from life on Darwin" Jac told him
"Even you have to admit, it's a little bit exciting being stranded" he said
Fletch brushed a stray hair behind her ear and leant in to kiss her. Jac's heart was beating out of her chest. They'd kissed before but this was different. Everything felt so different yet familiar.