Editor-in-chief's Note

The 100th year of St. Paul draws near and what are the things that we should consider when we prepare for this special celebration?  “Desire is the essence of a man”- Baruch Spinoza. What better way to prepare for the centennial year of St. Paul University Manila than having that desire to achieve the essence of being a Paulinian nurse. If that desire resides in your heart then you will not be blinded by your difficulties and frailties. What is the essence of Paulinian nurse? A Paulinian nurse is those who cares about life and the environment, gives importance to peace and justice, shows dignity in working and most of all patterns their actions and words to Christ and love shown by the Blessed Virgin Mary. Can those painful memories and defeat mould you into a better person or those victories and glory bring flair to your personality? Answer is everything that you have experienced inside and outside this institution during your years in St. Paul will shape you into becoming a Paulinian nurse. You may not want those disappointments and sufferings that you are constantly going through everyday- duties, examinations, people, but in time you will understand why God planned all of these in the beginning. God will never give you something that He thinks you cannot bear. Someday you will thank the people that you have shared moments within St. Paul University Manila, the clinical instructors who guides you to the right path, your batchmates whom you share most of your moments with, your kuyas and ates in nursing who tells you that you can do it, and our drivers who drives us to and from our duties. The content of the issue will be revolving around the theme “Essence of Being a Paulinian Nurse”, may we, staff of Infonursetion continue to inspire and motivate our readers and supporters.

To Dr. Rhoda L. Reyes, our dean; the faculty of the College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences; our mother and moderator Miss Mary Ann Pascual, my co-editorial board and staffers, our critics, contributors, readers and supporters- thank you for the continuous support and for the inspiration you have given us. Let us continue the Paulinian Legacy for another 100 years or so. I am proud to be a Paulinian nurse by heart.