Chapter 4

Link's POV
We ate breakfast, packed up and we were ready to leave. As we enter the woods Annie gets excited.
"IT'S BEEN SO LONG! So long since I've ever been in Buise Creek! I miss the camping trips!" She smiles and looks out the window.
"We can tell. I've heard tonight is going to be a starry night." Rhett smiled.
"Yes! I love the stars. I look up at them all the time from the roof of my old house. Remember?" Annie said.
"I do, the time we found out that you were moving. It broke our hearts." I focused on the road.
"Well now, we're together again!" Annie hugged us.
We finally made it to the campsite. We made the tent, the fire, and we got out our little cooler with food and drinks. Annie had the First Aid Kit in the tent near to entrance. It was sunset and the three of us sat down near the campfire. Annie sits in the middle of us and we start to talk.
"How did you get bullied if you had tons of rewards in your room? If people from our school saw that, you would be popular!" Rhett asked.
"I don't know. I guess I was just different." Annie said playing with the dirt and looking up at the sunset.
"Only if dad was here with us. He would be scaring our butts off." Annie said, tears falling to the ground.
"Annie, what happened to your dad? You don't have to say it." I said, puting an arm around her.
"It's alright. He was in the army, he got shot in the leg. Then, a bomb went off. There he passed away. Serving our country." Annie sniffled.
"Sorry, Annie. He died to protect you" I smiled and looked down at her.
She looked up and smiled. I scooted closer then, it was night time. The fire lithing up our camping spot. We see the stars in the sky. I looked over at Annie and she looked so happy pointing at stars and searching for constalations.
I don't know how much I can take this feeling for her. She's just my best friend. I don't want to harm her. I don't want anybody else to harm her. I should tell her tomorrow in the morning. Invite her for a walk while Rhett picks up the tent?
"Let's go to sleep, i'm sleepy..." Rhett yawned.
"Yeah, I am too. Kind of." I said.
"I'll be there in a bit." Annie said.
"You sure? It's the woods." Rhett tried to spook her.
"Yeah, i'm sure!" Annie smiled and playfully punched him.
"Okay, good night Annie." Rhett said.
"Sweet dreams!" Annie smiled.
"Good night Annie." I said.
"Link." Annie called me.
"Yeah?" I say.
She walks over to me and hugs me. I hugged her back.
"Sweet dreams, dude" she said.
"Dude" I repeated in my head.
I crawl in the tent and in a couple of minutes I slept.