Chapter 8

Link's POV
"Hey, good morning, Rhett!" I smiled when I got out the door.
"Good morning, Link!" He smiled also.
"Let's go to Annie's house. You know, see how she's doing. We could bring her out for a walk!" I say as we walk down the street and take a turn.
"Yeah, let's go see her!" He ran.
"Last one to her house is a rotten egg!" I say catching up to him.
I inhaled and exhaled from my nose. Making fast as the speed of sound. I passed Rhett by a foot then he cought up to me.
"Oh no you won't!" Rhett ran faster and passed me.
I ran and pushed myself to do so. I pushed and pushed until I finally passed him and made it to the porch of the house.
"I made it first! You're a rotten egg!" I say and sit down for a breather.
After we catched our breath, we knocked on the door and see that Annie answered the door.
"Hey guys! Come in!" She say.
Rhett hugs her then I I kiss her.
We sat down and Annie sat on my lap.
"Actually, we were thinking into going for a walk..." Rhett trailed off.
"Yeah! Let's go walk! Let me go put my shoes on." Annie said.
We waited outside her porch and saw a guy that looked like that Christian kid walking over to her house. We ignored the guy and Annie cam out the door. I wrap my arm around her and we start walking.
"So, before you dated me... How many girlfriends did you have? Link..." She asked me.
"Oh! Umm... None..." I tried to look innocent but, I couldn't.
"I know you dated more girls! At least 2 or 3." She smiles.
"What about you, Annie?" Rhett smiled.
"Only Christian..." Annie looked down at her feet.
I move her hair out the way and kissed her in the cheek.
"Link, I never knew you had such soft and warm cheeks..." Rhett mimicked Annie's little girl voice.
Annie blushed and playfuly punched Rhett in the arm. Since, there was no kids in the play ground. Annie and I played around in it. Sliding, catching each other, sliding down the slide together, and chasing each other. Annie was happy thru the whole day.
When I catched her at the end of the slide she smiled and we both sat down under the tree.
"Link." Annie called me.
"Yes, babe." I smiled.
She digs her head in my chest.
"I love you." She smiles and looked up at me.
"I love you, too." I smiled back and kissed her.