War

"War, war is just old men arguing and young men dying. Today we have lost one of our brethren to the hardships of war. Let us each take a moment to remember Sonic as he was, strong, brave, and caring. Willing to die for our cause. Let us all take a moment of silence." Knuckles said at the podium. Amy could feel her tears dribble slowly down the side of her face, a burning sensation ran throughout her entire face. Her eyes were puffy and red, for she had been crying since she heard the terrible news. Tails wrapped an arm around her and consoled her. He had also lost a friend that day, she wasn't alone. Sonic was held captive by Eggman, and was held for ransom. He wanted the resistance to give up and the more they fought the more he would torture Sonic. Until Sonic was eventually gone, no longer present in the moment. In this state Eggman decided to run tests on him. Exposing the Phantom Ruby's raw power. This made Sonic more and more insane each day, until the new recruit rescued him. Sonic only stayed in the resistance base for an hour until he was deemed a danger to society and kicked out. With no where else to go the braindead sonic wandered for miles on end until eventually falling into a spike-trap. The body was barely recognizable, the only familiar thing was Sonic's goggles. The same goggles that Tails gave him in their first adventure together. For the first time in a long time, Amy felt like her life was pointless. All she ever wanted was to marry sonic, settle down and have a life together. Now her plan was ruined, and she had nothing. "You doing okay?" Cream asked. Cream had grown up a lot since we first met. "I'm fine." Amy replied wiping the tears from her eyes. "If you ever need anything me and Cream can always help, you always have a home here." Tails said, Tails and Cream had gotten engaged, sonic was the best man and I was one of cream's bridesmaids. "I said I'll be fine." As she got in the car she thought she saw someone in the distance behind a grave, shrugged it off and drove home.