The Phantom Ruby

Shadow pov :

As Shadow crept through the graveyard he felt as if someone or something was watching him. He grabs the phantom ruby in his coat pocket to make sure it's okay. He quickly ran through the grave yard until he reached Sonic's grave. He took out the ruby and crushes it over his grave, sprinkling shards around the dirt bed. "The resistance needs him, more than ever now..." As Shadow started to walk away he thought he heard something behind him. He quickly turned around, to a blood covered gloved hand slowly rising out of the dirt, and then the other. A familiar looking hedgehog standing in front of him. But something was different about him. "What's wrong with your eyes?" Shadowed asked, he was a little scared but he tried not to show fear. "It's just an affect of the phantom ruby," The strange Sonic replied, his voice low and gravely, "It will wear off soon enough.""H-how'd you know I had the phantom ruby?" The strange Sonic stayed silent and stared at Shadow blankly with his mouth open. He lunged forward and cut Shadows legs, immobilizing him with one blow. Shadow screamed in pain, as the hedgehog held him down, "Shhhhh, it will be over soon," he whispered, just before snapping his neck and ending his life. The new Sonic stood up and left the graveyard wandering through station square, looking for his next victim.