Prologue

I can feel the thorns slapping against my legs, leaving small cuts to slow me down. My hand is cramping from holding my sword tightly in the palm of my hand, my heart pounding faster than it should be. Of course, nothing about me is normal, for all I know is that I could have super speed and able to jump high into trees and sparkle like a vampire from Twilight . . . But I don't. "Get back here you little twit!" Came a shout from outside of the woods. I knew who it was, I knew what he looked like, but I didn't know his name, I don't know why he hates me. I put my sword back into its sheath, and hid behind tree. Come on, come on. You can push farther, Ashley. Yo- Suddenly a flash of a blade came to my vision, pulling my sword back out again and clashing metal on metal. Face to face with my enemy, glaring at him deeply in his dark and cold hues with my light hues. This battle was like Life and Death fighting head to head with each other, but only one can win this battle; one will remain standing. The thing was that we were the only two alive in this battle. Everyone else was killed before hand.

Isn't that just great? No one to help back me up on this.

I huffed and kicked him in the chest to push him off of me. "You'll never win this battle, Ashley. You'll end up dying like the rest of them." He gave me a dog like snarl, charging at me again. Then, my arms lifted my sword, blocking his cold blade with mine; he neared my face between the two blades. God, I could smell his breath, thickened with blood and alcohol. I cringed and head butted him.
Dang it, now why do I always do that?

My head was light headed, making me dizzy and my eye-sight all blurry. That's when I felt the sheer pain sent through me, letting out a horrid scream.
My right.. My right wing...

I look over my shoulder, seeing my wing on the ground and his smirk. "You... You will pay for this!" I push myself off the ground, charging at him. But, that's when I woke up. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to see my brother Will's face hovering over me.

"Hey, you okay kiddo? You seemed as if you needed to wake up before you had another chance to scream again." He chuckled warmly, a smile plastered on his face. Will was the only person who cared dearly about me, and knew me pretty well. He can tell if I were lying to him easily, but I usually come clean to him eventually. But when will I come clean to the real truth? "Yeah . . . It was just a dream, Will. Just a dream."