Uncovered

A/N: SO, IN THIS STORY, SERENA BENSON NEVER EXISTED. NOBODY KNEW WHO OLIVIA'S MOTHER WAS, JUST THAT SHE WAS RAPED AND THAT OLIVIA WAS THE PRODUCT.

An old, cuban lady made her way off the 1-6 precinct elevator and through the double doors leading to the Special Victims Unit squad room. She stopped at the front desk.

"Hola.", the lady kindly greeted the officer at the desk.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. How may I help you?", asked the officer.

"I am looking for a Captain Olivia Benson. Does she work here?", she asked in her best english.

"Most certainly, ma'am. Do you have a crime to report, ma'am? Because I can direct you to one of the other detectives for help."

"No! I'll only talk to her.", she demanded.

"Okay then, ma'am. Please have a seat while I go call my captain.", the officer said, guiding the lady to the bench across the desk. He then turned around and walked straight to the captain's office. He knocked and waited for an answer.

"Come in!", a voice called from inside. The officer entered. "Officer Johnson, how may I help you?", Liv asked.

"Captain, there's a woman at the front desk. She asked for you by name. Says she'll only speak with you."

"Okay, thank you for letting me know.", Liv said getting up from her seat and following the officer to the now pacing woman. As Liv approached the lady, she had her back turned to her. Liv decided to speak up.
"Hello, ma'am.", she started. The woman froze, her back still turned to Liv. "My name is Captain Olivia Benson. How may I help you?", the woman slowly turned around. Now it was Liv's turn to freeze, mouth gaping.

The woman's face showed mixed emotions: relief, pain and DEFINITELY anger. There was a long silence between the two woman.

"Mama?", Liv finally asked, shocked. Right after she said that, a ringing slap echoed through the hall, making people stare.

"NO! You don't get to call me that!", the old lady seethed. "It's been 28 years. 28 FUCKING YEARS!", she shouted, her Spanish accent thick.

"Everything alright here, Liv?", came Fin's voice, he and Rollins now standing behind Liv.

"Everything's fine, Fin. I've got it under control.",Liv answered. She then turned back to the lady she just called 'Mama'. "Why don't we go to my office and talk?", she suggested.

"No! I want EVERYONE to know what a PERRA MENTIROSA YOU ARE!"

"Por favor, mamá.", Liv pleaded, her eyes teary.

"Don't you 'mamá'  me!", the woman said sternly. "How could you, Lupe?", her tone softened.
"I had to find out from your sister that my dead daughter is actually alive and living as a WHITE AMERICAN in New York City. You know when she said that your accent changed, I didn't know it would be this bad. You totally forgot where you came from. WHAT YOUR ROOTS ARE!"

"I don't even see my Guadeloupe Imelda Pérez, anymore.", a lone tear fell down the woman's cheek. "My little Lupe."

"Puedo explicarlo.", Liv said, her voice full of tears.

"You've had Twenty-Eight years to explain. Pero no, tenías que ser una perra egoísta! I leaving now. I just came here to see for myself", the woman turned to leave.

"What about Miguel?", Liv asked, stopping the woman in her tracks. The woman turned around.

"You keep that boy's name out of your mouth! To him you are dead, like you've been for 28 years. So stay away from us, Captain Olivia Benson!", she turned on her heels and stomped away to the elevators. Liv could only watch.

"Who is that woman, Liv?", Fin asked, having watch from a distance.

"That's Celia Rosalie Pérez.", Liv said in a perfect spanish accent. "My Mamá."

A/N: GUYS, I'M NOT SPANISH. I TRIED🤷🏽‍♀️