Part Twenty

[ 𝑴𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 シ ]

Part Twenty

Y/n's POV
1:09 pm

My hand gripped onto my chest, almost like I was trying to stop my heart from escaping. The numbness in my legs had caused me to sink to the floor, and the shakiness in my breath was so loud that I feared that the others could hear it from the living room.

"Y/n?" A voice broke through the muffled ringing in my ears, yet it couldn't quite snap me out of my daze.

When the voice was heard again, I raised my head from the secureness of my legs and replied that I'd be one second. Whilst the raspiness of my voice was clear, it was the best I could muster up. It seemed like they bought my attempt of an 'okay' answer as not another word was uttered.

Hesitantly my hands slipped down and fell to my side, my feet gaining the strength to pick themselves up and lift me off the tiled floor. Before my shaking legs gave out underneath me, I clutched onto the counter top next to me to keep myself balanced. Yet something stopped me from taking a step forward.

Her bedroom acted as a shadow, looming over my small figure, and no matter how hard I tried that voice continued to echo through my ear drums.

"Just don't go in there again"

"you wouldn't want something bad to happen to you"

Cameron would have laughed at how I was acting, that a small woman who was probably not a few years older than I was, could shake me up this badly. But it was undeniable why that was.

It was because I was weak. And afraid. Grayson, Ethan and Cam has been born into this world, knowing how to act and how to handle the dangers that could come with immortality. They understood almost every factor of it, and despite being turned years ago, I couldn't help but feel lost.

I knew nothing.

No matter how hard I tried to blend in with our dysfunctional group, it was no use because I didn't belong here. All them years ago when I had begged Gray to change me, it was out of survival and now I had become accustomed to this new life that was practically forced onto me, it finally began to sink in.

Tears pricked the back of my eyes, eventually slipping onto my pale cheeks and staining the originally dried surface. Without thinking my feet took off into the room I had been given to sleep in, my hand shutting the door behind me. There was no doubt that somebody had heard my quick footsteps but quite frankly I didn't care. "What's wrong with me?" I whispered in a strangled cry.

I found myself staring at my reflection in the mirror, gasping at the sight. My once full cheeks were sunken and sharp, my arms that swung by my sides were sickeningly thin. Even the light in my eyes, which Grayson had pointed out on numerous occasions, seemed to have dimmed.

The person who was staring back at me wasn't a familiar face. Perhaps it might have been from the lack of blood I had drunk in the past few weeks, but something was nagging me in the back of my mind. Who am I anymore?

Involuntarily my eyes had closed, which meant the person creeping up behind me went unnoticed.

"Y/n, my love, are you okay?" I gasped out loud as two hands were placed on my hips. By the roughness in the voice, I knew that it was Grayson, but it didn't stop me from flinching in his hold.

In the mirror I caught the image of a frown etched onto his smooth features. Knowing it was me who had put this anomaly in his normally cheery expression made a pang of guilt strike my heart. "What happened?" he spoke in a soothing tone. His hands wrapped around my waist as he stood behind me.

I shook my head lowly, not my tear stained cheeks to give myself away. Grayson's hands gave my sides a squeeze and I chuckled lightly as his nose was stuffed into the back of my neck.

"Open up to me, please" he whined, sending vibrations down my spine, "I hate when you lie"
His eyes met mine in our reflection, until his hazel orbs raked down my body and widened.

"Y-Y/n" he stuttered as he took in the new changes.

Seeing him realise just how sick I was made me want to curl up into a ball. This wasn't who he had fallen in love with, that innocent girl from New Jersey was long gone by now.

"I feel so ugly" I cried out, lowering my head and leaning further into his arms. Grayson growled at my words and shook his head.

"Don't you dare ever say that" his fangs revealed themselves as his body shook lightly with rage, "you could never be ugly to me".

His words caused me to raise my head once again, turning in his arms so my face was inches away from his chest. "How can you say that? Just look at me, I'm a mess. I'm so different now then I used to be".

"What do you mean different?" I buried my face into his shoulder, "Y/n you haven't changed". At this I snapped my head up and placed a hand behind his neck to turn his gaze to me.

"Yes I have Grayson. No matter how hard you want to deny it, I'm no longer that girl you met in high school. There isn't the same innocence in me, there isn't the same joy I once felt"

He didn't do anything apart from staring into my eyes, waiting for what I was going to say next which I was grateful for.

"I'm carrying our child, but I'm afraid that I won't be good enough as a mother, or that I can't give my little boy or girl the things they deserve"

"That's where you're wrong" he finally spoke. He placed a hand onto my cheek and his thumb brushed the skin lightly. "You're not the same person I once met because you're so much stronger. We've gotten through so much together, and you're the only thing that's helped me through all the crap that life has to offer. If it weren't for you then I might have not been here anymore".

My eyes widened as he turned me to face the mirror once again. "You see that woman?" he pointed at my reflection, and I nodded, "She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. And she's going to be the best mother that our little girl could ever ask for".

"A girl?" I asked, smirking a little. "How'd you know if it's a girl or not?" it was his turn to smirk now.

"I just have a feeling that we'll have a girl first" Grayson pressed a kiss to my temple before continuing, "then second we'll have a boy, then another little girl".

"How many kids do you plan on us having?" I laughed.

"Just three" he grinned, "perhaps four if we are feeling like it" I gasped playfully as he rambled on about our future, and our future children. Thinking about it almost made me well up a little.

"Ethan wanted it to be a boy first" I hummed, "and he would have loved to have seen them grow up".

Grayson nodded his head slowly, "he would have been a good uncle" and I nodded in reply.

awww writing this chapter made me sad and happy at the same time. Y/n truly deserves the whole world, and Grayson is such a smol bean i love him!

also thank you so much for all the support you've given me, it really gets me through some tough times.

i had an idea. should i start doing shoutouts for people? i feel like i don't do enough to connect with you guys. if you want a shoutout/special mention in my next chapter then vote on this part and comment! thank you so much for reading