3.

"Partly because of the fluorescent orange tulips around the birches...

Partly because of our smiles that take on before people and statuary...

It is hard to believe when I'm with you that there can be anything as still and solemn as unpleasantly definitive as statuary when right in front of it."

The most logical thing to do when Zayn asked to meet me at the park was to make up a reason as to why I couldn't make it.

Tina was already pissed at me for coming home late and my 'attitude issues', and finding out that I had snuck out in the middle of the night did not decrease her anger level.

She was downright furious.

Maybe I should've been feeling guilty or something along those lines, but the only emotion I was experiencing was anger. It wasn't fair. I was just trying to have fun, to hang out with someone that wasn't obsessed over grades or gossip.

I just wanted to be around someone who understood what it was like to be pressured to be perfect all the time. Someone who could ease the worries away.

So even if the most logical thing was to turn Zayn down, I didn't do it. Maybe I continued along with my outrageous plans just to tick Tina off, or I genuinely wanted to see him. Whatever it was, I was determined to see him, so I told Zayn that I'd be at the park around 3:00 pm.

Which then unfortunately led to the showdown between Tina and I when she found me slipping my boots on. The argument went something like this:

Tina: Where are you going?

Me: Out.

Tina: Out where, Ali?

Me: To the park.

Tina: And why exactly do you want to go to the park? You've never exactly shown an interest in going before...

Me: Oh my goodness! Tina, why the hell do you even care? Leave me alone. You only want me to get in trouble with mom and dad, tattle tale.

That's when Tina absolutely lost it, and started to throw insults at me. That's when tears began to slip past the barriers, each of her words piercing my armor and making me bleed. They rang repeatedly, constantly reminding me of all my faults and the things I was insecure about.

I couldn't help but to scream insults back, wanting to hurt her just as much as she was hurting me. My anger took over, and all I could concentrate on was the fury, the hurt, all the injustice. The rage was unbearable, it was like a storm was locked inside my chest, thrashing to get out.

I didn't say a word after Tina stopped yelling. She didn't say anything either. All that could be head was her heavy panting, and my sobs that I was desperately trying to choke down.