Chapter 4 The New House

"I bet your starving!" said Emily. "I am. but when do you want me out?" "Oh I'm not going to boot you, you can stay for as long as you like. I don't mine." they walked up the steps and inside the house. "I have dog food. I also have bones, chicken, and beef jerky." Emily got a two bags of beef jerky from inside a cabinet. She gave one pack to Ben and one pack to herself. Then they both started to dig in to there meals. Once they were finished, Emily asked. "do you want a bone?" "Sure," said Ben. "can we dig it somewhere outside?" "of course!" said Emily, with a wag of her tail. So, Emily got two bones from inside a little fridge, that was half her size, and gave one to Ben. They both raced to the door. Emily had made a thing to open the sliding door. She put her paw on it and the door slid open. They both raced out the door, with there bones between there jaws. Emily said at the bottom of the steps, "I'll be right back." Ben thought 'she must have a secret place to keep her bones.' so Ben started walking around, trying to fined a good place to dig his bone. He thought 'if Emily is aloud to go somewhere, then aren't I?' so he raced over to the small fence and jumped over it. With a thump to the ground, he looked around. No one was there. He started to trot around looking for a place. He looked to his right, and there was a little garden. Ben thought 'that would cover up the smell!' so he trotted over to the garden and went behind old tomatoes. He started to dig. Once he was done, he jumped back over the fence and back into the yard Emily was on. Emily said "I guess you finely found a place." She said, with a laugh in her voice. Emily looked over at the hose, then looked at Ben. She then galloped over to it and took a drink of water. Ben walked over to her with his tung hanging out from his mouth. "You want a drink?" asked Emily. "I'm fine for now." said Ben. They both walked into the house. When night fell, it rained hard. Bang! Ben heard. It started to thunder and lightning. Ben was scared. Emily came into the room and asked "you ok," she said shaking, "I know I'm scared. Are you?" "a little." Said Ben. Thunder boomed in the sky. Emily yelp, than ran under the bed. "Emily?" asked Ben. "You ok?" " yeah," said Emily. "it's just, I'm afraid of thunder and lightning." Ben then said, "me too. You can sleep in her tonight, if you want." she stock her head out and said, "you don't mined?" "Not at all." so she got out from under the bed and hopped right next to Ben. She put her head on her paws, and said "your the nicest dog I have met. Except mr. venture." "Thanks. what breed is he anyway?" asked Ben. " He's a Doberman Pinscher. He's the biggest dog fighter In this town." Emily said. "Tomorrow you should go see one of my friends." "I have a question," Ben said. "what happened to everyone's owners?" "I'm not quiet sure," she said. "they just packed and left. That's all I know." "We should go fined them," boom! lightning flashed through the sky. "it would be nice to be feed, without other dogs coming around, like today." "Yeah," said Emily. "I guess so. Isn't a bad idea." after that Emily fell asleep. Ten minutes later, Ben drifted off to sleep.

• • •

Ben was laying on a couch, with two puppy's curled up by his billy. The female puppy looked at him and asked "will you protect me and my brother?" "of course." said Ben. Then all of a sudden, the house got pulled up by a tornado. The two puppy's were floating in the air. The female said "you said you would protect us!" then they were taken up by the tornado. "No!" yelled Ben. He started running after the tornado, but couldn't get to it. The air was cold. Everything was still. Ben started to wake up.