Chapter Two.

I ran out of the house, limping and doesn't even stop to see if I had my shoes on. My mind was focusing on running, despite the heavy rain that were pouring harshly on my heck and head.

"Get back here, you useless bitch!"

I can hear my step father's voice ringing from the house and I ignore it. I almost turned back when I hear whimpers coming from the house. That must be my step brother, Yukito.

But I kept on running, as if my life's depends on it. Well, my life really was depending on this run, since if I was caught, that bastard would definitely kill me. I didn't stop when I saw my best friend, Jin, looking at me with wide eyes as I ran pass him.

I couldn't stop running. But my legs were running out of energy and I let it slumped forward before I stopped at a tall tree, out of breath. The last bit of adrenaline in my body started to cease away, leaving me feeling sore and empty.

'What do I do now?' I thought to myself as I looked up to the sky. The rain had stopped. My vision was blurry due to the enormous purple bruised on my eyelid. I can't take this anymore. I'm sick of it!

I held my face in my hand and sob, crying my heart out. A sound of  footsteps nearing, made me looked up and I gasped. There, stood a few feet away from me was my step father. He was grinning evilly and my eyes widen in panic when I saw the knife in his hand.