What Do We Do Now?

We were hanging out at the spot and then it started to get dark. Dad’s one rule is be home by dark and I’m about to be late and my ass is going to get yelled at. We get to the car and we hear someone walking behind us, Tyler looks at me and we get in the car. As we start to drive away someone jumps out in front of us, I instantly know who it is. All the air in my lungs catches in my throat. It’s my biological grandfather, Michael Michaelson. “Tyler DRIVE NOW!” He floors it back to my house and we vamp speed into the house where we’re safe. “DAD! EVERYONE COME DOWNSTAIRS! NOW!” I yell upstairs and everyone comes running down the stairs, except for my dad who was sitting in the living room, probably waiting to yell at me for being late. 

He walks over to me and hugs me because I’m pretty much in full panic mode having a full on panic attack.”Hunny, what’s going on? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

“Michael.” I get out between my hyperventilating breaths.

My family’s faces all turn into pure horror and my dad asks me, “Why would you say his name, Whitley?”

I’m practically crying at this point and uncle Damon is holding me, trying to calm me down. Tyler answers for me, “We lost track of time and realized it was getting dark and Whitley was like ‘I’m going to get in so much trouble for missing curfew,’ so we walked to the car and as we were getting in the car, we heard footsteps behind us and they were footsteps that you could tell were vampire footsteps. We got into the car and as we were driving someone jumped in front of the car and I slammed on my brakes. When we looked up Michael was standing in front of my car. Whitley yelled at me to drive and that’s brings us up to speed I believe.” 

My dad looks at my aunt and uncles with a look of determination. “Katerina is behind this. She’s the only one who knows where his tomb would be because we told her before she turned her back on us and broke our trust.” 

Uncle Elijah walks over to me, “Are you sure it was Michael?”

I nod and look at him, “I’ve never been more scared in my life, then when I saw him smile at me, uncle Elijah.”

He hugs me and sighs, “We knew this day would come. I know myself and the family are just happy you’re okay, our sweet girl.”

I look at my family, “What do we do now?”

Uncle Damon stands up and walks over to me and Dad, “We’re Salvatores, Michaelsons, and Gilberts. We do what we always do, we fight our asses off.”

Tyler looks at me and smiles, “You’ve also got me, Bonnie, and Caroline.”

I walk over to him, hug him tightly and he kisses the top head, “Thank you Ty, I honestly don’t know what I would do without you guys and my family.”

“We are your family too, Whit. End of story. We help our family when they’re in need. Even if we don’t like some of the family members.” Him and my dad chuckles. 

My dad walks over to Tyler and pulls him into a hug and I’m not the only one that’s surprised. “Thank you for keeping my daughter safe, Tyler. I may not have liked you this morning when I saw you but I don’t hate you anymore because you kept the only thing in this world that truly would kill me if I lost, my daughter. Anyone that knows me, knows my family is the most important thing in my life.”

Tyler hugs him back and says while smiling at me, “It may be hard to believe but she means the world to me. I would be devastated if anything happened to her and I didn’t do anything to try and save her. I don’t want ever want anything to ever happen to her. You can bet on that. That’s a promise, Klaus Michaelson.”

My dad laughs, “That’s Mr. Michaelson to you, if you’re going to be seeing my daughter.”

I feel the heat rise to my cheeks as they both look at me, “DAD! Why do you embarrass me like this!?” I shake my head back and forth

“Because it’s my job, babygirl. You’ll always be my little girl, no matter how old you get.”

Tyler laughs, “I think it’s amazing that your family cares so much about you, babe. I wish my family cared about me the way yours cares about you.”

I giggle when he calls me babe, “Well guess what, you have family that cares about you. Me. and like my dad said, he will protect you because you protect me.” I walk over, stand on my tippy toes and kiss his cheek. He’s like a foot taller than me. I’m only 5’2 and he’s 6 foot so it’s hard to hug him and kiss his cheek or just him in general. I wouldn’t know what it’s like to kiss him though cause he hasn’t kissed me yet and I’m too scared to make the first move. 

He kisses the top of my head and holds me tight. “What’s our game plan against Michael?”