Chapter 12: Daytona & Meeting the Family

Ryan woke up later that night to find out that he and Allie had fallen asleep. When he opened his eyes, he saw the beautiful brunette wrapped up in him. He stroked her hair and just watched her sleep until Sturgill starting whining to go out. "Ok boy, I'm coming," Ryan said, getting out of bed and pulling on some shorts. He took Sturgill outside and then fed him, looking for food for him and Allie as well. Allie appeared in the hallway wearing Ryan's old racing t-shirt and shorts. "Is there food?" Allie asked, as she walked into the living room. "Working on that," Ryan said. Sturgill trotted over to Allie wanting to be petted. "Ok boy, hold on," she said. Allie sat on the couch and Sturgill got up there with her. Ryan turned around and saw her playing with him and he couldn't help but stare. He never figured he would find the girl he wanted to spend his life with so soon, but he was glad. "So are you still on for going to Daytona?" Ryan asked. "I am," Allie said. "Good," Ryan said.

It was now Thursday before Daytona and Allie was a complete mess. She was so nervous because she knew she was meeting Ryan's family and it scared the shit out of her. "You ok?" Shawn asked as Allie joined him on the couch. "Nope. I'm meeting Ryan's family so I pretty much want to vomit," she said. "Shut up, you'll be fine. Ryan is obviously head over heels for you or he wouldn't have invited you to all these races. Just be your normal self and everything will be cool," Shawn said. "I hope you're right."

"So is the famous Allie coming to Daytona?" Lisa Blaney asked on the other end of the phone. "Yep she is," Ryan said. "Well we can't wait to meet the girl who has made you so happy," she said. "I can't wait either," he replied. Ryan pulled up to Allie's house to pick her up so they could fly out. He got out of the Bronco and went to ring the doorbell and Shawn answered the door. "What's up man," Shawn asked Ryan. "Nothing much just going down to Daytona," Ryan said. "Hope you win," Shawn said. "Yeah man me too." Allie appeared at the top of the stairs, dragging her suitcase behind her. "Ready," she said as she finally made it to the bottom. Ryan helped her and her bag into the Bronco and they drove to the airport.

They made it to Daytona and Ryan drove them into the track and found his motor home. He parked his rental car and he and Allie went inside. She had just dropped her bag, when Ryan pressed her up against the wall. "You too huh?" she breathed. Ryan gave her a smirk and they fell into the bedroom as clothes were lost along the way. Ryan braced himself above Allie and entered her gently. Ryan wanted to go slow and take in the girl he loved. "Ryan," she moaned. His head fell into the crook of her neck as he continued slow. Her hips bucked up to meet his and he crashed his lips on hers. Allie could feel all of him and she knew she was close. "I love you," Ryan whispered. "I love you too," she said. At those words, Allie and Ryan finished together, as Ryan collapsed on her chest.

A little while later as Ryan and Allie were watching TV, there was a knock on the door. "Come in," Ryan said. Allie could see it was Ryan's family and she didn't think she'd have to meet them this soon. Ryan got up as did Allie as he introduced her to his parents and sisters. "Nice to meet all of you," Allie said. "Likewise," they said. "So Allie, what do you do?" Lisa Blaney asked. "I work for a Marketing firm in uptown Charlotte. We help a lot of the businesses with their events and public relations," she said. "That's fun," Emma added. "I love it," Allie said. "So do you have any brothers or sisters?" Erin asked. "I have an older brother named Shawn who I live with. Both our parents passed away in a car accident about 5 years ago. Shawn has helped raise me ever since," Allie said. She saw the look Ryan was giving her across the room and expected it. She hadn't filled Ryan in on that dark time in her life, but it had never really come up either. "Wow, I am sorry to hear that," Lisa said. "Thank you." Ryan's family visited for a little while longer and Allie felt more relaxed. She felt like they may like her. Her phone began to ring and it was Kelsey. "Excuse me, I have to take this," Allie said, walking into the bedroom. "She's sweet," Emma said. "I really like her. She's not what I expected at all," Erin added. "You can tell she really makes you happy Ryan," Dave said. "Thanks. She does make me super happy and I care about her more than you know," Ryan replied. Emma looked at Erin and back at Ryan. "Is she the one Ryan?" Erin blurted out. Ryan shrugged his shoulders and leaned in and smiled. "Let me tell you this. If everything goes the way it's been going, I'm going to ask her to marry me before the end of the year," Ryan said. Lisa looked at Dave and back at Ryan. "That's really soon Ryan. Don't rush into anything before you're ready." "Allie's the one," he said.

"Hi Kels; what's up?" Allie asked once she had shut the door behind her. "Well I thought I'd tell my best friend before it hits social media. "Wait, No!" Allie said. "Yep! Tyler proposed! I'll send you a good picture of the ring when I get one, but of course my best friend had to know first," Kelsey replied. "Don't mind your best friend on the other end of the phone crying," Allie said. "I'm so happy for you two!" "Thanks girl! I'll let you go, but I had to tell you," Kelsey said. "Thanks. We'll talk later about already meeting Ryan's family," Allie added. "That's one conversation I am dying to hear."

Allie walked out as Ryan's family was getting up to leave. "I am so sorry. It was my best friend and she said it was urgent," Allie said. "No worries, we were about to head out," Dave said. "It was so nice to meet all of you," Allie added. "Likewise," Emma said. She hugged everyone and they walked out the door. "So a couple of things," Ryan said. "First is Kelsey ok? And second, when were you going to tell me about your parents?" he asked. Allie sat down and invited Ryan to sit as well. "If you want to know I'll tell you."