one

before being trapped_

It was just another normal day for Soonyoung. He came home from university, exhausted and tired. He was ready to fall in his bed and take a three-hour long nap. He went inside the buliding he lived in and was on his way to the elevator. "Oh, no no no no! Don't close!" he said nervously and ran to the elevator. He put his arm inbetween the doors, so they would open again. Soonyoung sighed in relief as soon as he was in the elevator. He pressed the 17, the floor he lived in. But while pressing the number, he noticed the person besides him. the only thought Soonyoung thought of is, that he was wrong and this person besides him was not the person, he feared he was. But it was him. Soonyoungs crush since the first day of university and his neighbour. Lee Jihoon. 

"Hey.." was the only thing Soonyoung was brave enough to say. "What do you want?" Jihoon replied annoyed. "Nothing, I just-" he began, but Jihoon cutted his words. "If it's not nesscesary, don't talk to me. And because what you say is never nesscesary, just shut up." he snapped. Soonyoung asked himself how he could love a person that hates him so much without a reason.  Suddenly, there was a strange noise. The elevator stopped moving. One of the two lights went off. "What's this?" Jihoon asked nervously. "I-I don't know.." Soonyoung responsed. "Did anyone talk to you?" Jihoon wanted to know, sounding stressed and nervous. "No, I just answered your question..." Soonyoung murmured. Even though Jihoon was that mean to him, Soonyoung could never be mad at him. Maybe that was his weak point. Maybe Jihoon even abused this point. So he stayed silent to not annoy his neighbour.

While Soonyoung didn't want to annoy Jihoon, the other male seemed to freak out. There was something no one knew about him, not even his friends. He had claustrophobia. Jihoon looked around nervously, but after he realized, that he was stuck in this elevator, he slid down the iron wall of the evlevator. "This is just a dream, Jihoon. This is not real. You'll wake up soon.." he whispered. Soonyoung, as caring as he was, started worrying about his crush. "Is everything ok..?" he asked carefully. "God damnmit, why don't I wake up?!" Jihoon comlpained yelling and dug his hands in his full black hair. He seemed like he didn't hear the other male caring about him. But Soonyoung realized Jihoons fear. So he sat down besides him - with a safe space between them. "Jihoon, everything is going to be ok. Just.. wait a little bit, help will come-" he wanted to cheer Jihoon up, but got interrupted again. "I don't need your help." he said furious. Soonyoung got quiet again. "If you really would like to help me, shut up. And call an emergency service. But don't talk to me." Jihoon said. 

Because Soonyoung didn't want Jihoon to be more mad at him than he already was, he decided to call an accident service. "What do you mean, you can't come for the next four hours or longer?" Soonyoung said unbelieving. "No no, don't hang up! ... Shit.." he murmured. "What did they say? What did you mean with four hours or longer?" Jihoon wanted to know nervously. Soonyoung bit his under lips. "They said that they don't have the personal to come now. We have to wait... Four hours or longer..." Soonyoung told his neighbour, which was looking at him in a way Soonyoung never imagined to see him like that. "No no no no.. This can't be.. I... I am dreaming, right? That's why I am in an elevator with you. In reality I'd be with Wonwoo or alone.. I am dreaming." Jihoon said, more to himself than to Soonyoung. "No, you're here with me! I'm sorry that I am not Wonwoo, but I can't change it now. You're not the only person who wants to be here with another person!" Soonyoung yelled. Jihoon glanced at him, in suprise. "You didn't think I could speak like that to you, huh?" Soonyoung asked his neighbour, which was still in shock because of Soonyoungs reaction. Jihoon never thought that the cute and popular Kwon Soonyoung could react like this. Maybe Soonyoung was one of those persons who have an undiscovered fear or a high stress level, Jihoon thought.

"Just that you know it, I won't talk to you, if you don't want me to talk, but I tried to calm you down because I didn't want you to get a panic attack. But it's ok, just go on. Just go on with snapping on people who wanna help you." the older one of both, Soonyoung spoke, rapidly calm. Jihoon felt a cold shiver on his back. He was suprised how fast Soonyoung was able to change the rage of his voice. 

more than an half hour has passed now, no one of them spoke a word since Soonyoung got loud. He felt ashamed that he got kind of insane in front of his crush, while Jihoon was still a little bit in shock, that he was trapped in an elevator was his last thought right now. "Hey uhm.." Soonyoung began. He expected Jihoon to interrupt him, but he didn't. "I know, you don't want me to talk to you.. but.. I'm sorry for getting loud.." he continued. "No, it's ok.. Maybe... just maybe, you're right. But don't imagine anything because of what I said, you'll never hear it again!" Jihoon said. "And... You can talk now.." Jihoon added, looking to his right, where Soonyoung was sitting. 

~944 words