Prologue

The full moon was high in the starry sky

        Its gentle, silvery light bathed the entire land, giving it a serene atmosphere.   

        A gentle breeze caressed the cherry blossom trees, causing most of the petals to waft down to the earth, like snowflakes. 

        A single woman stood in the shadows of the trees, gazing up at the moon almost longingly. 

        The breeze caressed her long brown hair as she continued to stare up at the bright orb in the sky, unknown thoughts running through her head. 

        After several moments of silence, she finally spoke, her voice hushed as though she was reminiscing something. 

        "How long has it been now?" She asked aloud as she gazed up at the moon. "How many years have passed since that night? The night that you disappeared." 

        The woman lowered her head as she looked down at her pale, dainty hands, her bangs covering her eyes. "I never got the chance to speak to you about this..." She said, slowly curling her slender fingers into a loose fist. "I never got the chance to ask you...why? Why did you do this? Why did you make me like this?"

        Her hands fell to her side as she looked back up at the moon. "I...never wanted it to be this way," she whispered. "All I wanted...was for you to be happy. I thought...I thought that if I helped you, everything would be all right." 

        She slowly fell to her knees, her head lolled forward as her locks continued to be caressed by the wind. "But in the end...so many people lost both their lives...and themselves. People...who had nothing to do with any of this...so why?" 

        She looked back up at the shining moon, the wind blowing her hair out of her face, revealing a pair of sorrowful brown eyes, with a tint of red in them.

        "Why didn't you...let me die back then, too?" 

        At that moment, the wind ceased, as if the world was holding its breath in anticipation for the answer that may never arrive for her question. 

        "̱̼̗͐́̏M̱̦̽͆ǘ͇̬̝̙̑̌̒ž̨̳̀̐͟͠ͅa̛̖̲̓n̢̨̪͕̈̃̓͒.̟́̓ͅ"̜͚́͝