Chapter 2 - Impact

I woke up because of the door bell. I looked at my iphone 3. Its 7:28 pm. God! That was a long nap. I'd have problems sleeping tonight.

I jumped out the bed and went downstrairs. and opened the door. Its Adonis!

"I bought a bucket of kfc and chips. Eat it with me." He held the bag up and walked in.

"This is a treat not a pay of gratitude" he added

He followed me to the dining area.

"have a sit" I try to awaken myself.

I grabbed the plates, glasses, knives and forks and sat infront of him.

We both grabbed a piece of chicken and started eating. I was hungry only then I realized I didnt had lunch. Im so stubborn.

"So tell me about yourself" he looked straight at me

"well. Ive been living here at this house for almost 9 years now. Its a good place." I took a bite

"I said about yourself, not about the neighborhood" he frowned.

"well jeez. Sorry. theres not much to know. For all I know, you shouldn't be here because first you're still a stranger" oh my god. this is the first time I actually said what I want to say. 

Im happy because for the first time I had courage but at the same time scared. He might murder me for what I said though I know Im right, but its still rude.

"Fair enough" he continued eating the piece of leg he's holding

"wait!? you're not mad?" I put my chicken down

"no. you do have a point so why would I get mad" he continued eating.

"oh.. i see" I picked up my chicken and continued eating.

Theres been an awkward silence between us for a few minutes. The more I look at him. The more I admire his face. He have good face features. His eyes seems like they change colours. sometimes they're brown. sometimes almost grey. His cheekbone is stunning and his lips. Oh those lips. its like he's wearing lipstick. His lips are thin but it really goes well with his feature plus those short beard.

"you know. I might melt if you keep on looking at me" he smirked

"oh! I was not staring!!" I blushed

It was a few seconds of silence when I decided to break it.

"so.... are you living alone?" 

"yes Venus. why?"and then He took a sip from his glass of water.

"uh.. nothing" I looked away because I know I'll blush again once he looks straight at me.

"Is it possible that you want to live with me Venus?" he smirked again

"you know, you're arrogant"  I covered my mouth.

His eyes widen and just for a second I thought he's going to murder me but he just stood up and wiped his lips with the serviettes.

"I was actually hoping you we're going to say yes. Well, Im heading off now Venus. Good night" he walked off before I get the chance to say sorry.

Oh my god! that was stupid. I could've just said No then he wouldn't be angry but what does he mean when he said he was hoping I was going to say yes. 

I stand up, walk towards the front door and locked it.

I went to my gaming room near the kitchen. Of course, It has to be close the fridge for snacks. I turned on my pc and played LOL. This game requires alot of skill shots, strategies and team work but God forgive those who just don't understand it. 

I looked at the clock on the bottom right side of the computer. Its already 1am. I need to go to sleep. I have work at 10 am. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and head to sleep.

In the morning. My alarm went off at 8:30 am. It took me an hour to get ready. As a receptionist, I have to look presentable. I had a shower, wore their formal uniform and my short black heels. Tied my hair in a bun. Put foundation and eyeliner, Lipstick then Im done! I locked the door and looked across the road. Adonis is probably gone to work because there is no more car parked at the front. I went in my car and drove off. I always leave the house at 9:30 am. It takes me 20 minutes to get to work.

At 3pm. A very special visitor is going to come. Aperantly, he's the owner of most of the shang-ri-la Hotels in the world and trust me theres alot. Aperantly this special person is going to rate our hotel so the boss wanted the best person at costumer service. I know Im fit for this job and I have worked at this hotel for 9 years. I know everything there is to know but to my disappointment. He choosed the rookie that only worked here for 6 months.

I know and I really want to do it but again I don't have enough courage to ask the boss.

I took a deep breath and gather all my courage. Walked towards his office and knock.

"come in!" I heard. I slowly opened the door and he pointed at the seat. I took a sit.

"How can I help you Venus?" he leaned forward

I took a deep big breath and asked as nicely as I can "Sir. Can I assist the VIP?"

his eyes widen "I think Iam fit for the job and that I have the knowledge about everything in this hotel. I have worked here for almost  9 years." I added

He smiled at me and leaned back on his chair 

"Venus, Iam happy you came forward and nominate yourself. Yes you are right. You are the most suitable person for this job. You have the experience and knowledge though I was hesitating because you never had enough courage. Youre always shy." 

I looked down when i realize that I  shouldve put more effort.

"but now that you came forward and say what you want and your own recomendation. I think you are just perfect so yes, Iam allowing you to assist Mr. Mcclain. Hell be coming at 3pm. Good luck" he smiled and shook my hand

I bowed and left the office.

I had to do the preperations. Made sure his room and organized and tidy. So basically Iam going to be his own buttler. While cleaning up and organizing I wondered what he looks like. I imagined, old, white hair, a little wide and grumpy. Iam confident I can handle it.

Then I realized how happy Iam for expressing my own thought. for gathering courage to say what I want. I should thank Adonis when I come home. though I think its my own effort I still want to thank him, he made such an impact.

So! bathroom checklist!

no stained towels - check

bath mat - check

toothbush and tooth paste - check

duner and linen clean -check

airconditioner working - check

floor polished - check

As soon as i finished I  head downstairs and played the waiting game.

while there was no costumer, I tried to make myself look presentable. Retouching my make-up and putting perfume on.

Its 3:03 when the guards told me Mr.Mcclain is here.

He walked in wearing a black suit while holding a silver suitcase.

My jaws almost fell.........................