Chapter Three: Into The Unknown

"I can explain... but not right now. It's still kind of raw for me." Avalon started to say.

"Okay fine, but you're going to have to tell us about it sooner or later, we don't want to be working with the enemy." Rose stated as she spun back to look at her computer.

"Team don't worry, I can vouch for Avalon, she's one of the best agents MI9 have ever seen. IQ of 173, fitness tests off the scale and the top in her weapons class." Frank started to explain, trying to diffuse the awkward situation that had now arisen.

"I trust her." Oscar spoke up, and walked over towards her.

He gave her hand a small squeeze, noting how it fit perfectly with his. He let go as he didn't want Avalon to think he was weird. As he took a step back, he caught a whiff of her perfume; it was sweet and smelt of freshly cut flowers. Oscar could feel his heart beating fast but he didn't understand why he was feeling this way or why he still smelling her perfume. He moved back a couple more paces, and got his head back in order.

"I trust her." He repeated loudly "I think she'll be perfect for our team."

Avalon smiled back at him, her cheeks darkening in colour. She avoided his eyes and looked down at the floor. She had become shy, a trait which was unusual for her.

As she started to look back up, she could see Frank was on the phone, and Carrie was smiling widely at Rose. They both burst into giggles, holding their side. Carrie started to crouch on the floor still laughing whilst Avalon and Oscar just looked at each other.

"Carrie? Rose? What's going on?" Frank asked.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." Carrie said between her laughs.

"Well you better get yourself together, team you have a mission. There's been reports of an underground spy ring within MI9. It's your job to find out who they are, what they're doing and put a stop to it." Frank explained.

"So... where do we start?" Oscar replied to Frank.

"My best guess? MI9 headquarters, see if there's been any suspicious behaviour. Also you'll need some gadgets. Here is your upgraded spypod, complete with a knock out dart inside. Some camera contact lenses and a communicator for Avalon. Good luck."

Frank finished his speech so Avalon took the communicator out of his hands, Carrie took the spypod and Rose took the lenses. The four of them looked at each other and nodded. They started to walk back towards the lift and as they stepped in; all of a sudden the base went dark and they were plunged into the unknown.