Part 7

Whoosh*

She kicked high, just barely missing his face. "Come on, new kid. Defend yourself. Are you just going to let me beat you? I'm telling you if you go easy on me just because I'm a girl you will regret it." She smiled a warm and friendly smile but what came after was the opposite. Her attacks were calculated. Cecile was horrible at fighting but he could analyze her fighting style. It was a dangerous and lethal combination of offense and defense. Although, at the moment, she was going full-on offense. She hit him hard across his forearms that had gone over his face instinctively after all the beatings from the people from his old school, but now was not the time to think, not when there was someone so good at fighting in front of him. He would prefer their brutal and longer beatings than this. She had kicked him only three times as of now and yet.

"Good!" she called. "Protect your face. Curl up those hands into a fist and try to throw a punch. Come on don't be a wimp." she smiled maliciously, knowing he would react to that. Cecile raged and threw his hand blindly into the air aiming for any part of her body. She grabbed his arm and tripped him. His knees burned from the impact.

"Get up!" she said. He obeyed and she hit him in the shoulder.

He looked around and realized they had an audience.

"No distractions when fighting."

Their little sparring session went on for a little while which mostly consisted of Cecile falling and at last, she landed a blow in his stomach.

"What the h*ll?" he said finding his voice again coughing up blood. "That hurt's ..."

He stopped realizing she was paying attention to his words rather than looking at him and threw a punch at her face and left a small bruise. She looked at him and smiled.

Oh no!

"Midget! Are you trying to scare the newbie to death?!?" a booming yet familiar voice came from the entrance of the room. It was Ezra. Oh, thank god! He sighed a huge breath of relief and he scurried towards her. "Anyway, we booked the arena, let's go."

Ezra came in and dragged Diany by the collar resulting in a kick from Diany.

"Let go of me you oversized sasquatch," Diany yelled kicking Ezra's leg, distracting her from her grip on her and yanking free. She was tiny but dangerous.

"Shut up you pest!"

Cecile worried this argument might turn into a bloodbath so he attempted to stop it, "Hey guys, the arena is waiting,"

Fearing the worst he shut his eyes.

"Yeah, he is right, I guess," Diany said and barks a few commands at the others in taekwondo that Cecile didn't really pick up on and they head over to the arena.

It was huge. It had three rings. It looked like a bullseye. A yellow circle, a red border, a blue danger zone, and the rest of the floor was black. Ezra explained the red border was really unimportant, it was really only there to give them a bigger fighting area, but if you were in the blue zone you were in trouble. If any part of your body touched the black you automatically lost.

"Since this is your first time you can sit out, but next time I'm going to quiz you on what you saw and learned," Diany said.

"Ok," Cecile replied as he went over to the bleachers.

He looked down and saw Diany and Ezra barking something at the other kids gathered around. They said something along the lines of 'Watch and learn.' Ezra made the first move; a semi‐circular punch thrown with the lead hand to the side of the opponent's head. Diany groaned, there was now a bruise on the other side of her face that was more visible than the one Cecile had made. Diany countered; a kick landing on Ezra's shoulders temporarily disabling her left arm, the arm she hit.

"Ugh," Ezra slid back retreating in pain. Ezra threw a kick at Diany's legs rotating her body in the air and landing a punch in Diany's stomach. They went on and even though the way each hit landed and the force they used looked disabling, neither of them showed any pain on the face. They looked like robots that were programmed only to fight and win. Cecile could never be able to do that. He was getting ahead of himself just because he punched Diany once because she wasn't looking. He could barely even do a pushup. Who was he kidding? He slunk in his seat and after that went to his job and then he went home. He tried to do a pushup and fell on his stomach with his muscles aching. He sighed and lay down on his back on the cold floor and fell asleep.