Talk To Me

Veronica's POV

It's Friday! I hope Betty can come over. I really want her to just open up to me. And it's not only because I kind of like her, I'm worried about her.  Really worried. I just want to know what's happening with her life.

I found Betty sitting in the students lounge and, like always, by herself. I sighed and walked over to her. I sat next to her and she just looked at me. I smiled. "Hey, B. Are you able to come over after school?" I asked.

"Uhh, yeah, sure. I can." She said. She sounded kind of uncertain.

"Are you sure? You don't seem very certain." She looked at me kind of nervously. She had her right hand on her left arm. Once again wearing the plain black hoodie and leggings.

"Yeah, I'm... it's fine. I can come over." She said. The bell rang. "I gotta get to class." She said walking off. I just watched her. I sighed. "Open upto me, please." I whispered to myself.

"Who are you talking to?" I turned and saw a girl with red hair. She was smiling and looking friendly. I just looked at her without saying anything. "Oh, sorry. My bad. I'm Cheryl Blossom, Riverdales resident IT girl, captain of the cheerleading squad and Riverdale high's HBIC. You're new, right?" I nodded. "Oh, welcome to Riverdale! So tell me, we're you talking to that slut that just walked away."

"Who? Betty? Yeah. Why?" I asked. Slut? What?

"Oh, don't do that. Not unless you wanna be made a laughing stock here. Nobody likes her or is even friends with her. I suggest you be like everyone else and just ruin her." I scoffed.

"What? You want me to ruin her life? Why?" She smiled evily and we started walking down the hall together.

"Well, I'm guessing your rich judging by your outfit. That's one reason. Us riches don't hang out with the lower classes." I rolled my eyes. "Especially not that one. She just needs to die. I mean, she's almost there. She cuts herself all the time. She just needs to do us all the favour and kill herself already."

"Are you serious? She cuts herself and nobody does anything about it?" I asked.

"Uhh yeah. Why would we? She worthless anyways." I scoffed once again and walked off. "Hey where are you going?" She asked.

"To class!" I said and went to my class.

I didn't pay attention at all. I guess that's why she wears long sleeves. Why didn't I see this before? Well, deep down I always thought that was it I just didn't want to believe it. I can't believe this. Should I bring this up later or no? Oh God, I don't know! But I'm glad I know even if it wasn't from her.

Once lunch was here I found my way over to Betty. I sat right next to her. "Hey, B!" I said, smiling. She didn't say anything. Not even a look at me. "Hey you okay?" I asked and reached to my hand on her back, but she squirmed away. "Hey." I said. I noticed she had tears on her face. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked again. She shook her head.

"Nothing. Nothing. Just... it's nothing." She said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes!" I yelled. I jumped a little.

"Okay." I said softly. Should I bring it up now. No! I'll probably bring it up when we are in a more private setting.

After about five minutes of silence She sighed. I also noticed her tray was still full of food. "Hey are you gonna eat something?" I asked.

"I'm not hungry." Oh, I've heard that before. Out of my own mouth. I used to say it all the time.

"Oh, come on. You've got to be. Did you eat a big breakfast or something?"  I asked.

"I didn't eat breakfast." She said. "Shit!" She mumbled. She just said something that wasn't meant to be said, didn't she.

"Are you starving yourself or something?" I asked. She looked at me like I was stupid.

"What?! No! Why would I do that?" She asked as if I just offended her.

"I don't know. I'm sorry for wondering that." I said. "Are you still wanting to come over later?" I asked.

"Yes!" She said almost immediately.

"Okay?"
~~~~~
After school Betty went home first. I walked to my room. My door opened a few minutes later with my mom walking in.

"You look stressed. Something else happen today?" She asked.

"Yes." I said.

"What is it?" I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed.

"I found something out today." She came and sat next to me.

"What?" She asked. I looked at her and felt my eyes water up a bit.

"She cuts herself, mom. Cheryl Blossom told me that. She also told me that everbody knows. Mom, nobody does anything and it's scary." I said. She pulled me into a hug as a few tears came put of my eyes.

"Shh. Shh. Ronnie, does she know you know?" She asked. I pulled out of the hug and wiped the tears.

"No, I have no clue if I want to ask her about it. I mean, I asked her to this sleepover to see if she would open up a bit." My mom nodded.

"Do you think that's why she wears long sleeves?" I nodded.

"Yes." I told her.

"When is she coming over?" As she asked this question my phone buzzed. I looked at it.

Betty

B: I'm here.

I laughed a little. "Now. I'll go get her." My mom nodded and I walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hey!" I said happily.

"Hi." Still no fucking smile! Goddamnit!

"Come with me." I said. We started walking upto my room. My mom was still there. She stood up and smiled.

"Betty this is my mom. Mom this is.. Betty." I said.

"Hi, Mrs. Lodge." Betty said.

"Please, call me Hermione. Well, I'll leave you two girls to it then." My mom said and walked to the door. "Also, I'll be leaving later so you two will have to find something to eat." I nodded.

"Okay, thanks, mom." She smiled and shut the door behind her. I looked at Betty.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked. She shrugged.

"I don't know." She mumbled. I sighed.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah yes." She said and looked at me.

"Are you sure?" She nodded again. "Okay?"